[ 17 ]

Agent Romanoff leads the three new recruits inside the hanger, taking them through different corridors until they finally reach a large open-space control room

Agent Romanoff leads the three new recruits inside the hanger, taking them through different corridors until they finally reach a large open-space control room. There were large window frames to give a wide view of the space in front of them and dozens of rows of computers where agents were sat, each working on something different. Nick Fury was stood in the pilot position, taking control of flying the hanger before turning the ship invisible to anyone below; something that none of them knew was possible until he did it. Now that they were on board the ship and could see how much technology had advanced since they had been on missions, both Steve and Noelle were glad that they agreed to join this particular mission. They hadn't been expecting anything like this, Steve was shocked with the technology that the agents were using and Noelle already liked their teammates, knowing that they would get along and get the job done.

"Gentlemen, Agent Dean." Fury greets them, walking over to where they were waiting for him. Steve pulls ten bucks out of his wallet and hands it to him, without even looking because he was still taking in every aspect of the room. Fury didn't look surprised, tucking the money into his pocket and then moving over to where Bruce was stood, offering his hand. "Dr, thank you for coming."

"Thank you for asking nicely." Bruce replied, shaking his hand and then asking a question that he had been itching to ask. "So, how long am I staying?"

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the wind."

He nodded, before moving onto the next question. "Where are you with that?"

"We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet." Agent Coulson answered as he walked through the room, nodding towards the different tech that they had set up in the control room. "Cell phones, laptops...If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us."

"That's still not going to find them in time." Natasha Romanoff shook her head, knowing this kind of thing better than anyone else and knowing that this wasn't going to work because Loki would already have his army before they found him.

"You have to narrow your field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?"

"How many are there?" Fury crosses his arms over his chest as he looks over to Bruce, wondering what he had in mind.

"Call every lab you know." He instructed, taking off his jacket and already feeling at ease now that he understood what the plan of action was. "Tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places."

Everyone was in awe of how fast this man's brain worked because none of them would have even known what he was talking about, Noelle nudged Agent Coulson with her eyebrow raised. "Stephen Hopkins, huh." Instead of correcting her, he just nodded because it would take longer to explain and they didn't have time for that.