[ 54 ]

Tony Stark was an unusual man to like but he was also the kind of person that you couldn't hate

Tony Stark was an unusual man to like but he was also the kind of person that you couldn't hate. Even when he was being the worst version of himself, he still made you laugh with his ridiculous sarcasm or pointed out something so quick-witted that surprised everyone in the room. He was the kind of friend that everyone wants to have because you know that no matter what happens, he would always have your back. Unless he thought that you were doing something wrong and then he would be extremely honest and tell you to stop being stupid. His honesty got him into trouble several times throughout his career but it also helped him to earn billions, investing into his Iron Man suits and helping to create the Avengers, Earth's mightiest heroes. When he died, he left behind more than a legacy, he left behind a changed world. One that he would be proud to leave, one that he knew was in safe hands because he trusted it enough to raise his daughter without him around.

The time heist had been successful in retrieving the stones, but an unfortunate series of events led to a past Thanos coming to Earth, to try and take the stones without the unnecessary journey to different planets. Of course, the blipped Avengers returned to the compound to help protect the stones and thanks to Tony's sacrifice, everything was saved. Of course, the time heist wouldn't have been successful without the sacrifice made by Natasha as well and she wasn't forgotten by her friends, who swore to keep her legacy thriving as they continued work on Earth. Knowing that their friends had died for them to continue living, the Avengers knew that they needed to make things worthwhile and worked hard in the next few weeks to make sure that their friends were remembered for the brave, smart, kind, beautiful human beings that they were. And a few weeks after the events of the final battle, a funeral was held to remember Tony Stark and the legacy that he left behind.

29th October 2023
Upstate New York

Everyone gathered at the cabin, at the beautiful lake house where Pepper was going to have to raise her daughter without Tony being around. She wasn't doing anything alone, that was a promise that everyone made straight away; Morgan Stark was going to have the biggest extended family ever recorded and would never have a dull day in her life. Apart from this day, where everyone gathered to mourn the man that had become such a large part of everyone's lives. Before heading into the time heist, Tony had recorded a little message which he wanted to be played in the event that something went wrong and he didn't come home. Morgan was placed on the couch, with Pepper on one side and Noelle on the other, holding her hands to ensure that she was getting through the video without getting too upset. They didn't know how the five-year-old was feeling, she had lost her father and as smart as she was, she was still very little and didn't really understand what was happening. Still, it was emotional for everyone when they saw Tony appear in the living room, as if he was still with them and tried to make them smile from beyond the grave.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited; I hope we get it back. And something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world, universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised...but come on, who knew? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse that's the reality Morgan's going to have to find a way to grow up in." He paused, as everyone looked towards the little girl, trying to gage her reaction to hearing her name being called but she just stared at her father and didn't seem to move an inch on the couch.