SEVENTEEN

The three of us walked to the main lobby where all the participants were rushing to get their phones. My eyes met Usagi, she was in a panic, and frantically looking at the phone. Turning away from her, I saw everyone else surround themselves in a circle. Once Kuina and Chishiya got their phones, I nudged them before walking through the mass of people.

The other two followed my lead, and pushed their way in to see a girl with a knife in her chest. Her name, Momoka was yelled out by her friend, Asahi as she crouched down, mourning over her death. She didn't seem to know what happened nor why her friend died.

All the phones suddenly lit up.

GAME: "WITCH HUNT"
DIFFICULTY: 10 OF HEARTS

THE EVIL WITCH WHO TOOK THE GIRL'S LIFE IS HIDING AMONG YOU.

THE WITCH ROLE IS NOT LIMITED TO WOMEN.

YOU CLEAR THE GAME IF YOU FIND THE WITCH AND BURN THEM IN THE FIRE OF JUDGEMENT.

TIME LIMIT: 2 HOURS

GAME START

There was a moment of silence until Ann spoke up. Niragi then walked into the center space to taunt Usagi.

"Hey," He said lowly with a wicked grin. Usagi paid no attention, and looked in the opposite direction. "All right, let's search for the witch!"

Many murmured in the crowd as they looked around, fearful of their lives. I noticed subtle movements beside me, Chishiya turned around, making eye contact with me before walking away. Kuina and I looked at each other before following his footsteps.

Stopping near one of the pillars, I watched the ordeal for a while longer. Asahi getting blamed. Ann getting suspected until she revealed the death of the Hatter. Last Boss killing another girl. Aguni joining the crowd. This place was going to shits.

The last thing I heard was Niragi screaming as gun shots spilled the room. With everyone running for their lives, the militants decided to search every inch of the resort.

I didn't know where Kuina and Chishiya went, so I headed to my room. Getting a head start through the halls, I ran into my room before the militants came with their goons. Grabbing a bag, I shoved everything I possess in it. Quickly changing into more appropriate clothing, I slid on black sweats and jacket. Flinging my flip flops off, I hopped in my black shoes as I swung the bag over my shoulder.

As I rushed toward the door, I stopped in front of a mirror. A black pollution mask with a black cap missing from my head. Have I changed?

With no time to spare, I waited until there were less noises to run to the fourth floor. Walking to the right room, I saw cameras lighting red in the corners of my eyes.

Possibly Kuina and Chishiya? The only people who would also sit around and watch others in this situation. Classic them.

Kicking the door open, I saw Arisu struggling to break free. I threw my bag down near the door. Nonchalantly walking toward him, I cut his restraints free. Taking the tape off his mouth, I take the blindfold off his eyes as well.

"Haven't seen you in a split minute." I smiled while stepping back. He let out a choked cough, flailing his limbs as he tried to back away.

"What are you doing?" His adrenaline started pumping all of a sudden. I sighed, walking around the room with smoke slowly growing stronger. I looked back to see Arisu backed against the wall with a scared expression.