ELEVEN

"That is the true nature of this utopia." Chishiya said as he descended the stairs, facing Arisu. He discovered the dead bodies that were covered in the garbage bin with a horrid reaction in response. "This is a part of the Beach's rule...death to the traitors."

Leading Arisu to the roof, Kuina and I stood on the side lanes watching the two converse with each other.

We're such good cheerleaders, aren't we?

The sun shined brightly, the light washing over our heads.

"Arisu." Chishiya said, grabbing the attention of the young boy. "You and Usagi seem to have collected a vast amount of information. What are you both planning?"

"Nothing much." Arisu bluntly responded. The four of us looking at him as silence washed over the group for a few seconds. Breaking the silence, the blond male asked him something.

"I'll cut to the chase. How will you live in this world that's full of despair?" The dark haired male looked confused, a 'how' releasing from his thoughts. Looking between Kuina and I, he wanted an extended explanation. Kuina just lowered her cigarette while I grinned, leaning on a leg.

"I just want to know the answers to my questions, the ones behind this crazy game, and who killed Karube and Chota." Arisu looked into the distance as he spoke from his mind. Chishiya continued to eye him down, analyzing his answers. "I'd thought I'd be able to survive and return to the original world with everyone. If that is not possible, I want Usagi to return, at the very least."

"This is the only reason why I'm still alive." Arisu finished, a clear path in mind. Chishiya being amused, slightly nodding at the explanation, he responded.

"What a tearjerker." Arisu's eyes locked onto the male. "Your dream...it's cool, but it's not practical at all." Chishiya criticized while walking a couple steps.

"Arisu, do you really have what it takes to do so? Not counting your win streak so far, would you be satisfied sacrificing other people for the sake of your victory?" I questioned, standing in the spot. Not counting that hair either.

The male stared at me with those questions, hesitant with his capabilities which is good progress. Whatever this plan they have in mind, we need him to count on us to join us. Hesitance in his eyes made the job much more easier.

Letting out a quiet, breathy laugh, Kuina pointed out. "You'll have to win all the games and become the next number one, but that's impossible."

"It has nothing to do with you guys." Arisu spoke, still looking off.

"We think that you have potential." Chishiya concluded, probably done with his one way mind set. This caught the darker haired male's attention.

"What?"

"That's why we came to meet you."

"What do you mean?"

"What if I said there's a way to change the status quo all at once?" Intrigued, Arisu thought about it.

Sorry I zoned out, what were they talking about?

"Hatter is trying to keep the militants in check, but it's only a matter of time before they retaliate. If that happens, this place will be controlled by the militants, who don't know how to use their brains. Then there'd be no point in staying here."

I mean he's got a point, those crackheads didn't even pass first grade especially that one certain militant.

"What are you planning?" Arisu asked.

"I'm planning to steal all the playing cards and leave the Beach."

Ah, understandable. Good day.