THREE ✔️

"This place doesn't look funky fresh, did you spray paint the sign?" I laughed as I looked around the resort only to see people stripped down to almost nothing, enjoying the time of their lives. Chitter chatter filling all ears with booze being passed left and right. It made me forget the fact that I was even in a life or death situation.

Niragi scoffed, pushing me toward the gate. Tell me he did not touch me with his dirty ass hands.

The militants guided— dragged— me to the meeting room. Aguni goes on ahead, entering the room to explain the situation to the so called boss of the place. Seemed as if they were having a meeting on an important matter before we intruded.

When he gave the signal to enter, Niragi dragged me by the wrist while kicking the door open with great force, it almost bursted out of its hinges. That could be the least of my worries with how painful his grip was on my arm. I wouldn't be surprised if it lost circulation. Last Boss followed behind me, entering as well. Observing the room, I saw two women. Black cheese and Feta cheese is what I see.

There was this man with glasses that looked like he calculated the measurements of counting his fingers. He looked intelligent and modest as if he was the brains of this group. He's just curd.

Continuing my scan around the room, I spotted a blond-haired person that caught my eyes. Even before taking step into this very room. Who would've thought. My luck is just immaculate.

"Sorry, I don't speak Japanese," I joked in perfect English with a poker face, putting my hand up before the Hatter could greet me.

"Shut the hell up, bitch. Whatever you're saying, just stay quiet like the mouse you are," Niragi retorted, hitting the back of my head. The sting caused me to elbow him in the chest, releasing his cruel grip on my arm. He sucked his teeth at the ache, bumping into me as he went to his seat. The Hatter chuckled at our interaction, now walking over to stand next to me after introducing himself.

"Is that how you speak to someone who could possibly be a loyal ally, Niragi?" he said, using hand gestures that flowed to the next as he spoke. Why does he look like mac n' cheese?

"Yeah, you're acting real tough as if I didn't surrender to come here, asshole!"

"Do you want a death wish? And it was a bargain, not a surrender."

"Only if it's not you who's killing me," I said while rolling my eyes, "bargain, surrender, same thing since both makes you look bad." Niragi turned around to point his gun toward me which rested on the top of his chair. I shrugged and stuffed my hands into my sweats, zoning out.

"Welcome to the Beach," the Hatter welcomed with a smile, "as you know, a single player gathering all fifty-two cards is impossible, so the Beach, uniting as one is working together to make that happen." The half shirtless man walked around the room while explaining the fundamentals like a professor giving out his lecture. How a single individual could leave this world, by having all the cards. How this 'paradise' is powered and what cards they needed.

"We'll have you play your part by helping us gather the remaining cards," the Hatter treaded to the opposite side of the table, his hands slammed on the smooth, wooden surface, "you can't hide anything here."

His expression changed completely, taking a different tone. I walked toward the table, standing in between two chairs to pull out the cards I had gathered. Tossing them onto the table, it splattered in different directions.

I noticed some of my cards were the missing cards shown on the wall. I looked at the Hatter knowing that, waiting for him to act on that.

"What a lucky hand we have here," He complimented, letting a hearty chuckle out as he took a closer look at the cards laid out on the table.