NINE

Before they could put the knife to good use, I ran to drape my blazer over their head. They started to swing their knife around, shouting while I pushed them to the ground. Running off, I decided to make my way to section two where the food court is. Chishiya might've ran over there since it walk was the closest.

Once again, going against my words.

Taking a peek behind me, I saw the seeker catching up, screaming at me. In a different direction, I spotted another seeker finishing a participant off. The noise alerted them and they started to head over in this direction.

Now I had two seekers on my trail as I sprinted towards the tables. Crouching down to hide my body, the seekers started wandering around each table. I looked around, a blade catching my eye.

It was the one I lent to Chishiya. It was stabbed onto the counter, near the wall to avoid suspicion.

How I saw that is unknown to me. Maybe it was because I want my blade back, who knows. As every second passed, I felt like I was getting more blind from the darkness.

Watching every movement from the seekers, I slowly crouched toward one of the shops. Once the two were looking elsewhere, I sneaked behind the building, walking around the back of each store when I had the chance.

Peeking around the corner, I saw the seekers talking with each other before jogging towards the shops.

They were checking around the units. I had to hurry. Luckily I counted the buildings from the furthest away.

Reaching the building with my blade on the counter, I sneaked inside looking around. It was not the biggest place, but it was enough to sell food and to hide a couple. I didn't get very far until I was pulled to the wall.

My back stumbled against the wall with a certain blond male in front of me. Since the place wasn't too big, if anyone happened to have a second glance at the building, they would see me and Chishiya.

He took the blade off of the counter, holding it. I couldn't see very far due to the male standing so close to me, but it was reasonable. We were on the side with a slab of wall in front, we couldn't be seen from a front view, but if angled, it was definitely obvious.

He took off my cap, settling it in his gasp.

Our bodies were literally touching, standing very stiffly. I heard the seekers on the other side of the wall, about to reach our building.
Their footsteps were loud and clear, my heart started to race. Wrapping my arms around the male's torso to pull him closer, to make ourselves feel more hidden. He didn't know what to do with his hands, so he rested them against the wall, leaning closer with the blade and my hat near my head.

My face planted against his chest, near his collarbone. I inhaled a breath, keeping it in for a couple of seconds, trying to not make any sounds to alert the seekers.

Surprisingly, he smelled good, laundry detergent and a whole ass nature resort. He just smelled clean and natural, he probably wouldn't even dare use cologne or any of that.

The seekers were very close to entering the unit before hearing screams of terror with running footsteps nearby. They stopped for a moment, running towards the voices, trying to chase them down.