TWO ✔️

The expiration on my visa was slowly ticking even though it had only been about a week and a half. Nonetheless, a massive struggle for survival. Searching for food and water was never the hardest task, but here I was, taking scraps and rejects. Having about an hour before my next game started, I roamed the quiet streets and barren buildings.

It hadn't been long since I first met him. Chishiya was it? Shame he couldn't stick around much longer, it had been awhile since I had met someone like him. Someone so peculiar and indecipherable.

The huge sign became clearer as you approached a colorful building. Funtime Playground. I don't think there's a lot of fun going around here.

The main entrance wasn't unlocked, so I decided to wander around the perimeter in hopes to find what I was looking for. Lucky enough, there was a way in through the sides of the building. One was already blocked off by lasers, so the best guess would be the opposition. There were screens right above the doors showing all the players, but separated in two groups.

I picked up the last phone sitting on a table right near the doors. There were five players on this side, including me. A black-haired guy wearing a collared shirt that blended with the rocky path of a front lawn was boasting and blabbering about something I didn't catch. Walking through the doors, lasers blocked off the exit, and the signature voice appeared.

//REGISTRATION IS CLOSED//

THE GAME WILL NOW COMMENCE

Taking a second look, the guy looked really familiar, maybe a little too familiar. I squint my eyes, staring at the noisy man as he laughed so obnoxiously.

GAME: "CAPTURE THE FLAG"
DIFFICULTY: 5 OF CLUBS

Are those...the militants? Should've known that ugly shirt only belonged to him. All three men stood near each other like a pack, their stances being intimidating as they waited impatiently.

CHOOSE A WEAPON AND FIGHT AGAINST THE OPPOSING TEAM.

ONCE THE FLAG HAS BEEN STOLEN TO THE DESIGNATED SPOT, THE GAME WILL END.

YOU HAVE 45 MINUTES TO COMPLETE.

Fortunately, they were faced toward the playground, and not behind where I was. The militants were up my ass every time they set their eyes on me like a trophy wife. A good asset they always reasoned with, but the labeling needed a little help. Rather not being deemed as a useful tool, I declined every time, more specifically, ran away every time.

They were not the nicest and, may I add, not the smartest. It should be a good enough reason on how I got away every time. Though if they were truthful about their so-called 'paradise', I would possibly consider. After all, my necessities would be met. Maybe a bargain for joining their side, if they were willing to listen.

Not to mention, I had no clue on who they were and the names they go by.

The metal gates opened to the playground, and the black haired guy held down the trigger to his gun, shooting half the area down as if it was a major threat which it wasn't, not as dangerous as the wielder anyways. In no time, the colorful structures stained with blood and bullet holes.

The one other person on our team flinched, startled at the piercing booms.

To think that hiding was a bad idea, this situation had said otherwise. Not like it would boost your chances of staying alive, but getting your life taken away by this maniac wasn't the way to go.