THIRTEEN

"These administrators really don't like you, don't they?" Kuina laughed, sitting on my bed. I genuinely felt better after my talk with Chishiya, Kuina had been all the same which was a bonus. Although today's game might be a little life threatening, I was surprisingly calm.

"Definitely sadists, they certainly like to see me suffering." I sweat dropped, putting on my cap. Fixing its position, I looked in the mirror to see a fine masked person looking back.

"Or your games are entertaining, who knows? I'd pay to watch you survive in a game." She shared. If Kuina has connections with these games, I wouldn't be surprised. She likes to see me suffer too.

"Weirdo. I'm about to head out, if I don't come back, you can take my sweats. Just carry my legacy." I saluted with a wild smile. Slipping on my new pairs of shoes I got the day before, I quickly tied the lace. Ever since that water park game, I either used slippers or just went barefoot. It completely came out of mind until yesterday, where I went out to find another pair of shoes.

"Don't make out with Chishiya too much, you might die."

"I take it back. Die in hell!" I blushed at the comment. I shouldn't have told her anything.

Jogging out the door, I rushed to the front of the resort where Chishiya stood.

"Hey." He greeted, holding a hand up. He pushed off the pillar, waiting for me to catch up.

"Ello, cheese grater." He groaned at the nickname, it was a while since I had called him that.

"Don't call me that." He said, walking toward our game's location. It was relatively close, so we decided to not take the cars that the others took. The sun began to set, the warm colors of the sky blending into each other. We walked in a comforting silence, appreciating the company, well that is until it was broken.

"Did you...have a past lover?" He suddenly asked. Huh?

"Eh? Come again?" I snapped my head away from buildings on the side to look at the male. He had his hands stuffed in his shorts as usual, looking forward with a neutral face. All the at could be heard was steady breaths and the movement of rocks below our feet.

"You heard." He simply retorted. A small smile made its way onto my face.

"Yes." The blond male snapped his head toward me. After all this time, it still surprises me that this man could show so many emotions, but not on his face. His face still remained blank as ever. "I'm kidding, I don't have one."

I heard a 'mmm' over on his side, his way of responding to my disclosure.

After quite some time, we made it to our game arena. It was an abandoned parking lot. There was a place where all the participants stood at, it was right against the entrance into the space.

As I looked around, there were cars left on the road as well as some parked in the lot itself. Making our way to the meeting place, lasers blocked off our exits like it would in every other game. The participants looked like they came from the Beach which made this game possibly harder due to the experienced players.

However, that wasn't the worrisome variable. There's no way, there's only two players in the room.

Grabbing a phone for Chishiya and I, I handed him the device for him to take it off my hand. He grabbed it with my hand in his grasp before sliding the phone off, his touch lingering.

Sly little bastard.

Not making a fuss about it, not like I would ever, I was honored to have him half-caress my hand like I was a baby chicken, I stood next to him. His hood was up, strips of hair showcasing his face. Looking away from him, the loud noise caught my ears, making me turn toward the entrance we came from.