FIVE

Mid-way into my visa, I was currently relaxing with multiple days left, making the most of it before the chances I might die in future games got to me. It had been boring, but I was still alive and breathing, so I guess I couldn't complain.

I had never really thought about how I even got here. Well, I tried not to because of the circumstances, condition was pretty harsh in this deserted, creepy, game show. I still remembered the fun life I had in the past which was homework and friends. Now that I think of it, my life was shitty wasn't it?

Law school was a whole bit. The only think that kept me thriving from that was that I flirted with myself every time I looked in the mirror to boost my self-esteem. I never had the time to do anything I wanted since there was no free time in my schedule.

It was difficult, but I never wanted to die. Even now in this strange world.

I totally got lost in my thoughts as I laid on the bed, suffocating myself with my head in the sheets.

I like the name Xiao, it sounds cool. Aether is too. Imagine being in bed and moaning out a fictional character's name, couldn't relate. Well, no...but moving on.

That's real loneliness right there, even I don't have that—

.

.

.

Who the fuck is knocking at my door?

"Hey, flatty patty," Kuina greeted after barging in without a confirmation after the knocks.

"Okay, twig. Don't snap in half," I responded, words being muffled by the sheets. My eyes still closed, nuzzling into the soft mattress. I could stay in bed and feast on pillow fluff for all I care.

"Alright, you don't go being a billboard." I let out a muffled laugh after she said that. I could just tell she was smiling all proud and satisfied. What a jerk move.

"I'm not flat! Check these sisters out!"

"Okay, if you say so door." I dramatically cursed her under my breath, not like she could hear it or anything.

"Did you call me a bitch?" she gasped, offended. I snickered at her complaint. Guess she did hear me despite the muffling. Finally lifting my head from the sheets, I sat up criss crossed, zoning out for a second while trying to get used to the bright light from the windows.

Being in this environment, sleeping in my swimsuit was something normal, so I put on my jacket and shorts that were on the side of the bed to complete my usual look. During the whole dress up, I realized that Kuina stayed quiet during the whole transition.

About to ask her what was wrong, something clicked in my head. I just showed Kuina my face, didn't I?

I looked back to see the usual passive female with wide eyes. She was equally as surprised, taking a good look at my face.

"You better zip your mouth, Kuina. I'll dunk your head in the sewers," I threatened jokingly, putting on the mask quicker than Lightning McQueen. She started laughing, holding her stomach during the whole interaction.

"Oh my god! I saw your face. C'mon, we've known each other for days and I still had no clue," Kuina laughed in hysterics. Wow, okay. That was the most expressive I had ever seen her.

"I hate you. The door was there for a reason, so get out," I groaned, falling back onto the bed.

"Don't blame the door, it did nothing to you." She defended, the door and not me? Going dark, don't hit me up. Wait, never mind. Chishiya is free, I'm hitting him up.