TWELVE

The sun slowly began to set as I watched from a secluded spot. Music blasted all around me with people partying. It sounded like a lively event if you asked me, but I didn't bother to be involved this time around. After the Aika incident, I've felt more saddened lately.

Something came up that I had never really paid much attention too.

Who are my parents?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to know who they were, but I guessed I never really went all the way to figure out who they were. The people I worked with knew, but didn't tell me for some reason. It was the same with my adoptive family.

Of course, it was reasonable in my eyes or at least I hoped so. There was a reason why no one chose not to tell me, I was sure of it. Not to say that these games were beneficial, but my lifestyle within this world definitely made me mentally stronger. I do have goal, a real goal in mind.

I want to find out the identities of my biological parents. I won't die here.

Looking at the scenery, I let myself loose, feeling the wind threading through my hair. I sighed deeply, knowing the empty feeling in my heart. I hid my vulnerability, my insecurities and the feeling built up inside is blowing up like a balloon.

Clenching my fist, I wanted to get rid of that awful feeling, but I couldn't. Maybe not just yet, it wasn't the right time for whatever resolve I needed.

I stared at the sky, taking in all the colors before it faded to the same dark, moonlit canvas.

Hearing footsteps coming towards me, I didn't turn to know who they were.

"Aw, look at the girl star gazing." Yamura commented with a baby tone. He stood behind me waiting for movement to which I gave him. Turning around to face him, I felt neutral, almost emotionless.

"What brings you here, asshole?" I asked with a hint of curiosity, but not affecting the distaste of the person in front. He smirked wildly, it almost looked creepy from my perspective.

"I can't say hi to a familiar face?" He said, hands in the pockets of his shorts. How annoying, he's making me feel worse than I already was.

"No, especially not you." I replied with annoyance lacing my words. He clicked his tongue, making eye contact with me. I forced my lips into a thin line, taking note of his appearance. If we got into a fight, the winner is not certain for either side.

"Don't be like that, wouldn't want to end up like your boss, do you?" I winced at that threat, feeling a cold shiver going through my spine. "I'll add your little companions to the massacre as well."

"How was it? Killing my boss I mean." I asked. He laughed at the question, most certainly amused.

"I had my fun, ripping him to shreds. However, I would like to think it would be much better if you had taken his place." Yamura grinned with intent, he swung his baseball bat at air, playing with his weapon. Rolling my eyes at that comment, he was going off with the threats today.

"Tell me something I don't know like why? Don't you think I deserve some reasoning if I'll be dying to you?" I smile, raising a brow with my hand out like I was inviting him in.

"Hmm. It would be nice to get the truth out, so it would hurt more when I kill you." He pretended to think, tapping his chin.

"As if. I wouldn't let my life taken out by you. I would rather die in a game than you." I retorted, my face returning to its neutral state.

"(Y/N), (Y/N)...so clueless." He chuckled, walking around me in such a sly manner. My eyes followed his tracks, watching as he stroked his bat weirdly.