𝟐𝟒, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝'𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝

third person.

the group sat in the hospital, waiting for any news. they had taken corey in an hour ago and still nothing. they've seen many people come in and out the hospital. many people were called but none were for corey.

estrella sat on the floor, holding herself together. she completely zoned out. daniel watched her. he wanted to make sure she was ok.

finally after an hour of being at the hospital daniel was the first to finally make a movement. he stood up and walked over to estrella. he sat down and looked straight forward. he turned his head and looked down at her.

there was tears streaming down her face. and every once in awhile she would wipe her red nose. the others watched as daniel wrapped his arm around her. she still didn't move an inch so he brought her close to him.

"are you ok?" he whispered to her and he started to rub the side of her waist. she only laid her head on his shoulder. "i'll take that as a no," he continued to use a low voice.

"hey," christian sat next to franny.

"hi," her voice spoke softly, sniffing quite after.

"how are you holding up?" he asked, looking over at her.

"i don't know," she answered. "feels... different."

he simply gave her a nod, "like everything's gonna change."

franny looked up at him and nodded with a frown. they were told by the ambulance that it was a low chance corey was going to make it because the amount of damage. the thing was, daniel and estrella didn't know that. they didn't have the heart to tell them.

if corey had survived the accident, he would most likely to be in a wheelchair and would need to go through surgery.

"i'm scared," estrella whispers to daniel. "what if he doesn't make it."

"he will. this is corey," daniel told her. "he can't leave us yet," he tucked her hair behind her ear and rubbed her shoulder.

"but what if—"

"no what if's," he reminded her.

"but i don't want it to be an oh well," she mumbled and looked up at him.

"time will tell then," he kissed her forehead. "but we can't give up yet, ok?" she nodded and laid her head on him again.

daniel gasp as he sat up on his bed. his breathing was fast, his chest rising and falling. he stumbled out of bed, throwing the covers off of him. he grabbed his phone and started to call someone.

"go check on him," corbyn told estrella.

"what? why me?" estrella asked.

"just go," corbyn tilted his head to upstairs as they and the rest of the group sat in the living room.

estrella huffed but got up and walked upstairs. she gulped hard as she got closer to the door. she furrowed her brows as she heard shuffling and mumbled in the room.

she twisted the door knob and opened the door. "daniel—"

"please pick up," he grumbled. "please pick up. please pick up," he repeated as he walked back and forth from one side of the room to the other side.

"hey," estrella spoke softly. "are you alright?"

daniel stopped walking and looked over at her. "mhm," he nodded and whoever he was calling sent him to voicemail making him get frustrated and call the number again.

"are you sure? you seem stressed. who are you calling?" she questioned and closed the door behind her after getting into the room.

"i had a terrible dream," he shook his head. "it was coreys birthday and there was a crash and he was at the hospital and they told us he didn't make it," he started laughing as a few tears left his eye. "isn't that crazy?"

"daniel—"

"yeah i know right," he continued to pace back and forth. "and he isn't picking up his phone but he's probably asleep right?" he groaned loudly as the number didn't answer again. "fuck!"

"daniel give me the phone," estrella told him.

"no." he said with a strict tone. "not until corey fucking answers his phone," he called the number again.

"daniel he's gone!" estrella exclaimed.

"no he isn't! he was just here with us! he's just alseep!"

"no daniel," estrella walked up to him and took the phone away from him. "he's gone," she held his hands as it started to shake.

"no he isn't," he shook his head. "no he isn't."

"come on," she took daniel to his bed. "get some sleep ok?"

"no estrella, corey—"

"he's gone daniel," she bit her lip trying not to breakdown again. "i'm sorry but he's gone."

"no, no, no," daniel cried out and hugged estrella.

"i'm so sorry," she mumbled into his neck as she felt her shirt get wet. "i'm so fucking sorry," she held him tightly. "it's gonna be ok."

"he's gone," daniel whispered softly and sniffed. "my best friends gone," his voice cracked as he cried harder.

estrella nodded and wiped her nose, "i'm sorry." she rubbed his back.

"he's gone," he repeated and everything felt numb. it was real and not a dream.

estrella felt him relax and she held him tighter. "it's gonna be ok."

"it's not," he mumbled in a dull voice. "it was all real," he pulled away and looked down at her. he wiped her cheeks. "are you ok."

"i have to be. everyone's hurting right now," she let put a shaky breath.

daniel didn't say anything else and pulled her into another hug. except now he was comforting her. he held her as she cried into his chest. he tried his best not to make any noise but he let tears run down his face.

"the world's officially fucked up," daniel whispered.

estrella chuckled a bit, "yeah. that's great, isn't it?"

"absolutely perfect."

:'(

also double update <3