Epilogue

Epilogue

I SMILED when a man was happy about the success of his operation. "The vitals went back to stable," he announced to his co-nurses.

I went back to my presence when the owner of the appliances turned off the television. He glared at me. Akala niya ata wala akong pera at hindi kayang bilhin ang mga paninda niyang T.V.

"Babe!" Look at this guy being so fun while waving his right hand to me. He suddenly wraps his hand around my shoulder.

"You are late. Saan ka ba galing?" I asked.

He smiled, "Miss mo na ako?"

I glared at him. "Tigilan mo ako, Enzo. Nasaan na ang milk tea ko?"

He laughs, "My girlfriend is so damn cute!" and he gives me the milk tea that I requested. He looked at me, "Pwede ba huwag mo nga akong tarayan!"

I glared at him, removing his hand around my shoulder. "Hindi dahil nasa isang firm tayo and we are both lawyers, you have now the permission to act as my boyfriend. Nakakadiri ka, Enzo!"

He pouted.

It's been five months since justice was served. Everything went back to normal. Sic is going to Legal High University together with Elise and Ahkeem. President Gilbert always makes sure to have quality time with his son, Ahkeem.

I didn't have the chance to see Benedict after the trial but he got accepted into an American school and he has a scholarship grant.

Same as Sic, I don't know where is Lazarus. I hope he was fine, taking care of his uncle's daughter. He will be my best friend.

"How's Governor Martin? Is he fine?" I asked. Governor Martin received 20 years of imprisonment.

"He is. He is willing to pay the price."

I sighed.

"You guys are disgusting," stated the woman walking downstairs, chewing her favorite bubble gum. It's Monet.

"Hey, chewing girl!" Mockingly shouted by Enzo that made Monet irritated. The two keeps on barking and I silently laughed at the side.

Kikiligin na lang ako sa gilid.

In my surprise, I received a text. It was from Curran. Nagpaalam ako sa kanila pero hindi nila ako pinansin. I slide the phone in my pocket, leaving the two arguing still.

I reach the place where we celebrated our anniversary. Within few steps, I saw a familiar figure standing in a corner of the street. He waves his hand soon as he saw me, I smiled.

Hindi ko mapigilang ngumiti habang sinasalubong ko siya. "Long time no see, Nurse Curran Gonzalimanco."

He laughs while finally hugging me, "What's with the sudden full name-calling, Mrs. Ambria Gonzalimanco?"

My eyes grew bigger. Dahil sa gulat, humiwalay agad ako sa yakap niya. "What? You must call me, Attorney. Engage pa lang tayo, ano."

Two months ago when he proposed to me after his first operation became successful. I still remember how he looks deeply into my eyes, and went turns serious, looking at me like I'm the brightest among all the stars.

He laughs. "Ganon na rin 'yun," he replied, looking at my eyes. He still wears his uniform. He seems sleep-deprived, but still, he looks so handsome.

Curran and I investigated the crime scene before and we found traces of powder in Mira's pillow. Curran concluded that the killer did the rodenticide poisoning. Rodenticides are chemicals made and sold for the purpose of killing rodents. It is used in killing rats.