Chapter 23: Camouflage

NAKATINGIN lang ako sa harap ng screen ng aking laptop

NAKATINGIN lang ako sa harap ng screen ng aking laptop. My mind keeps hearing the voice of Sic. How can he trust Albin so easily? He's like he wants to form an ally with Albin.

I scrolled to the folders that Lazarus saved on my laptop. This time, I will be the one to take an action. I'm still doubting Lazarus and everyone that still involved in this case.

I must trust myself. No one, only myself.

Binalikan ko ang kuha ng CCTV footage at nakita ko muli ang video ni Albin. The footage was filmed on December 18, 2020, at 8:00 pm. I can't still get an answer to why on earth Albin is doing at Mira's place at that hour. I watched another video and still I can't find any footage from Governor Martin.

Hindi ko napigilan ang sarili ko at itinapon ko lahat ng nasa aking lamesa. I was fucking frustrated! Wala akong mahanap na ebidensya na magtuturo kay Albin na siya ang pumatay kay Mira.

I tried to calm myself. Before I left the hospital, I asked for a copy of the CCTV footage outside the room of Sic. I watched the video and there was nothing suspicious on it. I was getting bored and was about to throw my phone when a familiar face went inside Sic's room. Umayos ako nang pagkakaupo. I rewind the video and paused it to see the face of the person.

Pathologist Fabio Arago.

The nurse was right. He was the investigator that came to see Sic last night. Something is strange. Paanong nakita ko si Albin sa rooftop at hindi ang investigator?

I gulped before playing again the video. Few minutes, the investigator and Sic went outside and take the elevator. Sa mga minutong lumipas, nandoon sila sa rooftop. My eyes grew bigger when I saw Albin. He is calm when he came to the room of Sic but after talking to a nurse, he is rushed in using the elevator.

Why are you so in a rush, Albin?

Half an hour when the elevator opened. My lips parted when I saw the investigator. He's anxious, his hands are trembling, and he can't walk properly. Tingin siya nang tingin sa likod na parang may humahabol sa kaniyang multo.

He even came down with only his self. The only person left on the rooftop was Sic and Albin. This is not right!

Paanong ang isang investigator ay matatakot sa isang estudyante? Albin says something to Panthologist Fabio to keep his mouth shut and make him go away.

Ano ba ang rason para matakot ang isang tao? My eyes went bigger when I know the answer to my question.

Lies and secrets.

Albin knows the lies and secrets that Fabio keeps. Dahil alam na ni Albin ang sikreto nito, madali niya itong natakot at napatahimik. What is that secret and how can Albin know it?

Albin is a private person and he has a famous father. I went back to my laptop and search for relevant information about his dad. It can help me. Those little scandals can solve this damn case.