Chapter 6: Defend

"I'm his brother, Ambria

"I'm his brother, Ambria."

THE LINE THAT KEEPS on repeating in my head. I don't know what to feel right now. All this time, Curran has a younger brother, and it was Sic. Why did he lie? In my whole life, he didn't mention Sic. He only told me that he doesn't have a brother.

I feel like I'm not his girlfriend.

I'm now at Legal High University. This is the funeral day of Mira. I was about to enter the room when I saw the four familiar freshmen students. They are the ones in the convenience store, talking about how they feel relieved when Mira died.

"I feel sorry for Mira. I feel broken when she's gone." She hugged a teacher and suddenly cried. I rolled my eyes when she's faking it.

Plastic.

On the other day, they are happy that Mira's dead, and now she feels sorry. What a good actress!

Afterward, I follow them. I reached the back of the University. Ahkeem Polimero, the son of President Gilbert, is sitting beside the two girls. The tall boy came at them and gives the meals and utensils.

They started eating and Ahkeem throw all the meat that he put in his mouth. "This taste is horrible. This food is only for a beggar. Is this really food?"

A girl, having long hair with bangs, replied at Ahkeem. "You're the horrible one. How can you say that it is only for a beggar? A lot of people can't afford high-class food as you do. Stop eating it, if you don't want to. Give it to other people and let them eat."

Ahkeem replied, "I don't want to eat it. It's my dad's wish to attend a funeral. As if I have a choice?"

The tall boy stopped eating and calls the name of the other girl that has short hair. "Elise, if you post that, they'll make fun of you."

The girl answered, "Why would they? They can't do that. They are afraid of me."

The girl having long hair with bangs interrupted their conversation, "Elise, just follow Albin's order. Don't do it if he tells you. In fact, he is always right."

"Fine, Haley. I will not post it."

Ahkeem laughed a little. He keeps closer to Elise and says something. I took a step to hear clearly their conversation.

"You have a good sleep because Mira died, don't you?" Ahkeem smirked when Elise look pissed off.

"You always keep saying that. Do you want me to block you on my social media accounts?"

"Don't act innocent when we know everything." Ahkeem lines make me curious. "You bullied her along with your other friends."

Elise dropped his utensils. "Mira deserved that. She made fools out of us—" she paused, picking her utensils, "—Akala niya kasi magagawa niya lahat ng gusto niya dahil kakampi niya si Mr. Herbert."