Chapter 1: An attempted murder case

MY GRIP on the steering wheel became tight when I saw the green light

MY GRIP on the steering wheel became tight when I saw the green light. I switch the song to somehow powerful.

I smiled, switching gears, driving faster than my normal one. "I have the power. I make rain and yes, I'll make it shower."

I sang along with the song. This song is powerful enough to make me feel like a strong, independent woman. This song never failed me to feel like a powerful woman.

There was no police officer right now. I'm free to keep the speed of my car. Seems my day will be a good one.

I glared at the white car in the front. I pressed the horn twice, but it didn't pay any attention to me. I hold my gear to pass it. I screamed in joy when I succeed to be first in the lane.

The line of my lips vanished when a police officer was waving at me; he's not doing it to greet me, but to stop. I rolled my eyes.

I pulled my gear to stop. I immediately parked my black car. The police officer knocks on the window of my car.

As I open the window, the police officer is smirking at me. I take off my black shades, not completely taken off. I give a stare at him, trying to flash a smile.

"Show me your license." I fake a laugh because he's being straightforward.

"Sure, Mr. Officer." I patted my clothes to remove invisible dirt and at the same time to flex my flashy suit. If he knows that I'm one of the best attorneys in this country, his jaw will drop.

I grab my bi-fold wallet with a lot of credit cards, ID cards, and money. I need to buy another one because my wallet soon to burst because of a lot of money inside. I remove a thousand bills from my wallet and put them into my bag.

"There is still a person that bribing a police officer. Unlawful." My eyes widened when I heard it from the police officer.

I open the door of my car, causing him to be surprised. I saw him smirked, trying to hide his playful smile.

"Come here." I still wear my smile while following his instruction. "There's a monitoring camera there. You must be lucky because your spot is a safe place."

"Thank you, officer." Smiling, showing him that I'm grateful. But the truth, I'm not.

"Can I receive it now?" I blinked twice at his question. Receive what? He recognized that I'm confused so he explained, "You are showing your money later. Pwede mo na ngayong ibigay sa akin."

I can't believe him. "I only take off some money because my wallet is already full," I replied while showing my wallet to his face. "Are you expecting that I will lend my money to some officer like you?" I don't want to be harsh to him, but he is wasting my time.

He gets his pen and writes something, hiding his irritation. "Show me your license, then." I pull my license in my wallet and proudly show it to him.