Chapter 16: No longer a secret

GUMAAN ANG PAKIRAMDAM KO NANG MAILAGAN ni Reagan ang kutsilyo

GUMAAN ANG PAKIRAMDAM KO NANG MAILAGAN ni Reagan ang kutsilyo. I immediately run and came forward at them.

"Kill him," I uttered, bored. It made Benedict confused. I look at him and repeat what I spoke a while ago. The students are murmuring. "Kill him so that you become a criminal."

I notice the presence of Ahkeem. I ignore him.

"Even you are the one who is being oppressed; if you kill the person, you'd be the assailant and he will be the victim. Do you want it to happen?"

"But..." Benedict's was out of words. He is confused yet he is still holding the knife tightly.

"If you will be put on trial, your life will become miserable. You know how powerful people can twist all the facts and make you wrong. There's a problem in the law." Reagan looks at me, begging to stop Benedict. I continue, "Do you want your life to become more miserable by the law or will you let him make your life miserable?"

I took a step.

"If you become a criminal, would your friends be happy? If you truly care for them and have a care for yourself, drop the knife now." After I mentioned that, Benedict put the knife on the floor.

"I'm sorry..." Realization hits him.

People who let their emotions can be a monster instantly. I'm sick of those people. Because of anger, jealousy, sadness, they are able to kill other people or kill their precious lives. This is a sad truth about society.

Things are settled now. The professor drags Benedict to a room and made him calm down. As soon as I turned around, I saw Mr. Herbert coming. I thought he will ask what happened but I was wrong. He passed us by and went in the direction of Albin and Haley. Oh, I thought they are not here.

"The super smart of our school," Mr. Herbert greeted Albin. Pinilit ni Albin na tumahimik at hindi pansinin si Mr. Herbert. I guess he was also expecting that Mr. Herbert will ask what happened earlier and make a solution.

He doesn't care about Benedict. Why? He knows that Benedict doesn't have money.

"Haley, there you are." Haley tries to flash a smile at Mr. Herbert. "You will sing for all the parents of the students, right?" Haley nodded and flashes a smile. "Can I see your performance?"

"Isn't rude that you force someone to do what they are not willing to do?" Albin asked, seems pissed off. Haley looked at him, problematic.

Mr. Herbert was caught off guard. As soon as Mr. Herbert can't reply to Albin, Albin walk away from him. Haley followed Albin.

I secretly followed them. When I saw them stop from walking, I hide from a near locker and listen to their conversation.

"What are you acting like that, Albin?" Haley asked, confused and worried.

Albin turned around and look at Haley. "They make us a hostage; can use us all the time." He added, "It's a rotten feeling to know someone is using you."