Chapter 28: It's over

I STRECH MY HAND soon as I went in my car

I STRECH MY HAND soon as I went in my car. The first day of the press conference went according to our plan.

Before this day happened, I met with the other party in the president's candidacy. He is Congressman Vic that will run for the next president. I negotiate with him in the right way. I leave my statement that made him interested to accept my offer.

"You can win an election by either winning more votes or making your opponent lose votes."

Congressman Vic had more than ten attempts in President candidacy but he can't win. This time will be the right time to grab the opportunity to lose votes on his opponent.

He came on time based on what I ask. He will show up and finish the press conference nicely then I'll make sure Governor Martin votes go to him.

Congressman Vic is a type of politician that hates social media. Ayaw na ayaw niyang binabalita ang itinutulong niya sa kaniyang kapwa. Unlike, Governor Martin that needs every move to be captured and posted on social media.

I grab my phone and check the current news. I clicked the live video wherein Governor Martin was there. I almost forgot that it was his candidacy day.

"I have nothing to hide from the public. That Attorney is just campaigning against me. I will bring Attorney Alvarez of Polimero's Firm to justice for maliciously slandering me."

Let the real game begins.

I immediately start the engine and decided to pay a visit to Sic. But before I came to the hospital, I must go to Mira's place to find the notebook that Sic requested.

I found myself in Mira's bedroom. The place was quiet and clean. I started to find the notebook in her closet, under her pillow, and even under her bed.

I stretched my arm when I see a lot of things in her bed. When I finally touched the notebook, I took it. The prosecution missed this thing.

Pilit ko itong inabot para makuha ko. Binuklat ko ang unang pahina ng kaniyang notebook at walang nakalagay na kahit anong sulat. I browse the next page and I didn't see anything.

This notebook was just an ordinary one.

Inihagis ko ang notebook sa kama pero nagsala ito dahilan para pumatak ito sa kabilang parte ng kama. Agad akong nagtungo doon para kuhanin ang notebook.

My eyes widened when I saw the last page of the notebook. May nakasulat doon. Dali-dali ko itong kinuha at binasa ang nakalagay doon.

May 3, 2020, at 8:00 pm

Mira wrote what happened on that day. He was contacted by Mr. Herbert and make an offer to her. Isinalaysay niya rin na gusto niyang makapag-aral kaya hindi siya nakatanggi sa offer ni Mr. Herbert. That night he met Governor Martin.

Mr. Herbert is a manipulative bastard. He approached Mira with ulterior motives in the get-go.

I continue to read the other random pages and Mira wrote what he experienced at the hands of Governor Martin. I was confused. Mira was happy when she was with Governor Martin.