Chapter 15: Lost

KINUSOT ko ang aking mga mata

KINUSOT ko ang aking mga mata. I blink thrice when I saw Prosecutor Enzo. Iginala ko ang aking paningin sa buong paligid. I was in a hospital.

I glare at him. He didn't expect my expression. "Bakit ka ganiyan makatingin? Hindi kita hinalikan, huwag kang mag-alala."

I close my eyes to hide my irritation. "Shut up!"

The door opens and there I saw Lazarus, having the fruit of the basket in his left hand. Enzo whispered something to Lazarus before winking at me. He wave at me and leave the room.

"Huwag mo raw siyang pagsungitan," Lazarus held, trying not to laugh.

"Nakakainis kaya ang isang iyon!" I complain while crossing my arms.

Umiling siya sa sinabi ko. "Siya ang nagdala sa iyo dito sa hospital." Bigla akong napa-ayos ng upo dahil sa sinabi ni Lazarus. "Si Albin pala ang unang tumulong sa iyo. Siya ang pumigil doon sa dumukot sa iyo tapos dumating na si Enzo."

Albin? It makes sense. Albin is there when Elise ran away.

"Teka, sino raw ang dumukot sa akin?"

The answer that Lazarus replied made me shocked. "It was Benedict."

Benedict really did that? I can't believe he is the one who will burn the tent. I thought it was Elise.

I noticed that Lazarus is feeling down. I punch him on his shoulder and convince him to tell me why he is acting like this.

He sighed. "Nahulog ko sa daan ang phone ni Benedict. Nasira tapos naipit pa ng sasakyan."

My jaw dropped. I tried to calm myself. Lazarus is careless!

Without a word, I remove the blanket on my body and went outside of the room. I ran towards the main entrance, finding where is Enzo.

Sa hindi kalayuan ay nakita ko rin siya. I held his wrist that made him stop. He was confused for a moment then he stared at my right that is holding his left wrist.

"I need to talk to you," I said before I remove my hand on his wrist.

We sit in the lobby area. There is a long silence. I was about to speak when he suddenly do it first.

"I was at the convenience store a while ago and then I saw you. I was curious because you are wearing that uniform again. Actually, I followed you. I wait you outside. Nagtaka nga ako dahil halos lahat ng estudyante doon ay nakalabas na. Because of the curiosity again, I enter the school."

Stalker.

"I even called you but you are preoccupied with your thoughts," he added.

"Can I clarify something?" I asked. He nodded. "Are you sure that Albin is the one who save me?"

He nodded slowly. "It was indicated on his I.D. He is a tall guy and I think he is smart too."

Indeed, Albin is the one who saves me.