Chapter 10: Pictures

WE STAYED THE WHOLE NIGHT, seeking and hacking the phone of Benedict

WE STAYED THE WHOLE NIGHT, seeking and hacking the phone of Benedict. Lazarus and I don't have a complete sleep.

I can't walk straight now going to the near cafeteria. I feel my world is spinning around. Why I have to feel this? I walk like a  drink a lot of alcoholic beverages last night. The truth, I'm not drunk.

I was about to fell on the floor but I manage to stand. I give a gaze to the person who bumped at me. It was done intentionally.

"Excuse me, Mister," I bravely called the guy. The guy turned around and I was not surprised who was the person bumped me.

"What? I'm not saying sorry to you," Ahkeem replied, bored.

After I don't say any word, he turned around and started to walk away. I know that he doesn't like what I did last time in the class. I don't want him to be ashamed because of the laws and explanations that he said at that time. I just correct what he mentioned. He should lower his pride and he must be open to accepting new information. It is normal to change opinions after knowing a certain and reliable fact.

I notice a familiar boy that is heading straight to the exit of the building. The bruises on his hands, those tired eyes, and not ironed uniform. It was clearly Benedict. I decided to follow him. He is working in a nearby cafeteria so I can eat there too while observing him.

I'm in the pedestrian lane and I was disappointed that the traffic light turned red. I can't see properly where Benedict is. I walk as fast as I can when I saw that the light shifted now into green light. I immediately crossed the street and follow Benedict.

I look around. In a small, yet have many customers; I found Benedict in a cafeteria. He is still wearing his uniform but he has now a black apron. He is serving the customers the foods that they ordered.

I was about to call his name when the owner, a woman, having thick eyebrows, serious face, suddenly push the forehead of Benedict.

"What are you doing? You are making the customer wait for a year. My goodness, I want to fire you! Ang kupad mo!"

She is heartless. Benedict is doing his job properly. He's doing his best at his work.

"Do you want to lower your salary so that your work will be improved?" The owner madly, asked, still pushing Benedict's forehead.

Benedict's lips became parted, his eyes became teary. "Ma'am, please I need money. I will try my best to be a good server here. Please don't fire me or lower my salary. Please—"

The owner was disappointed. He grabs the tray, with plates and utensils that Benedict is holding and throws it to the floor. The owner speaks, "Pay for that damaged plate. You will pay for that." She madly walked away from Benedict.

That was too much!

Benedict wipes his tears and grabs all the plates and utensils. I run toward him to offer some help. I was about to speak when he stop picking all the cracked plates, he noticed my presence.