Chapter 11: Blackmailing lead to death

I BUMPED at a slim, short-haired, woman

I BUMPED at a slim, short-haired, woman. She's in the mid-ages of '20s. She gave me a bored look and shifted her look at the ground. I also look at the ground and I saw a white envelope. Legal High University was written at the back of it.

I apologize to her, "Sorry, Ma'am." I was about to pick the envelope when she suddenly pick up it first. Her hands were shaking and trembling. Without a word, she ran as fast as she can. I have this feeling that she's a professor at Legal High University.

I decided to go to detention. It was almost a month that I didn't saw Curran. I'm doing these, a lot of sacrifices, to clear his name. I hope he is willing to clear his name too.

My phone suddenly beeps. It was a message that came from Lazarus. He gave me an update about the car that was indicated on the picture that I presented on the court before. I was too late to notice that there is a white car that was used by the 40-year-old man in order to pick up Mira.

AXX-1063.

That was the plate number of the owner of the car's man. I need to find out who is the owner of the car. I want to know what is the reason why he is seeing Mira at a high-class restaurant.

I return my phone to my pocket when I feel someone's presence. I was stars trucked when I saw Curran sitting in a black mono-block chair. I badly want to hug him, but I don't have the guts to do it.

He smirks at me and speaks, "Attorneys doesn't keep their words and promises," he uttered while staring straight at my eyes, "Akala ko ba hindi ka na magpapakita sa akin? Why are you still visiting me here?"

It breaks me.

I'm not sure if he's mad that I didn't visit him for a month or he's mad that I visit him again. Why do I feel that he really miss me?

"I think I know the reason why you are here. Telling me that I will receive the death penalty? Is that it? Thank you for your concern, Attorney. I'm okay."

I looked down. I can't keep a look at Curran when I think about the death penalty and the fact the he will receive it if he's proven guilty.

"Just leave and don't think of it. I can handle the death penalty. I'm not scared." I raised my head and gave him a damn serious look. I really want to punched Curran's face until he's awake, the things the he is saying, and the lies that he keeps that he insist to be the truth.

My mind is still vague despite the evidence that I found. I'm tired to investigate further for Sic's case just to prove Curran's innocence.

I grab a chair and sit in front of Curran. He looks at me and I bravely ask, "Do you know Ahkeem?"

His eyes went smaller and smirked at me. "Pinagduduhan mo na ba ako?" I was surprised at what he replied. He was about to laugh but he didn't continue it. Instead, he stated, "Congrats, Attorney. You are finally seeing how monstrous a person I am."