𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟗

Start from the beginning

She nodded in understanding. 

"Would you like anything else?", I asked her kindly. 

"Nope. This is actually quite filling", she said and stared at the glass of purple smoothie. 

"It's supposed to be." 

"When are you going to Paris?", she asked me.

"Tomorrow. Suppose to yesterday, but . . . you know. I really just want to get through this fast, I need to get back to my sisters."

"To your sisters? or to the yummies?", she asked and I gave her an exasperated look. She chuckled. "You don't miss them a bit?"

"I miss my new friends."

She smiled. "It's good to hear you made friends", she said and looked down at the counter. There was a change of mood in the kitchen until Paulette spoke again. "Anyways, I know we already talked about it last night, but . . . . Charles Harrison? Lord Charles Harrison?"

"Indeed. We already talked about it last night."

"It's just . . . crazy! There are four guys?" 

I stayed silent. 

"Four unbelievably hot guys at that." She smirked.

"Don't overthink it please."

"I'm not overthinking anything", she said, "I'm just hopeful."

"Yeah . . .hopeful", I muttered.

"You should be too."

"For?"

"New experiences! Changes! Something . . . .amazing?", she said and tilted her head at me. 

"Something . . .amazing?", I furrowed my eyebrows. 

She shrugged. "Romance?" She wriggled her eyebrows and I rolled my eyes. "But seriously, you and Charles last night. I almost swooned just watching the two of you."

"I'm sure you did." I scoffed. 

"You just seem like you were having fun, that smile you had on your face . . ." She smiled while looking at me. 

I looked down at the glass in my hands. All of a sudden, my thoughts drifted to the four guys. But that there was also Luca, I still don't know what happened to him that night. I don't think I ever will. 

There's only one question now. 

Do I care? 

Also, what Paulette said . . . . I can't get it out of my head now.

Romance.

❇❇❇

Three days later

Everything just keeps on getting postponed. 

I'm desperate to go back to London, to my sisters.

But is it just my sisters?

My friends, of course. 

There's the feeling I have in my stomach that rises to my chest, and it's making me sick. I'm probably just missing my sister's. Ever since we met each other and got close, we were inseparable. 

"Merci madame. (Thank you, ma'am.)" I paid the florist before walking away. 

"You bought flowers?", Mesia asked.

"It's a beautiful day to buy flowers, don't you think?" I smiled and he returned one with a light chuckle following after a nod.

"Petit déjeuner. (Breakfast.)" Antoine passed me a paper bag of pain au chocolat. I smiled at him in thanks and took the paper bag from his hand. "I'll take this." He took the bouquet from my hand and I thanked him again.