Chapter ThirtySix

Start from the beginning

"Who is that?" I whisper to her, grabbing her forearm.

"It's High Class!" she hisses to me, grabbing my arm and taking us both to the opposite side of the room, towards the balcony doors.  I feel ice set in my veins and freeze up, breathing in a shaky breath.

A commotion starts downstairs, getting louder by the second, things smashing and people yelling.

"Where is everybody?" I ask as she peers out the foggy windows.

"The guys aren't back yet and Serge is with Lydia and the girls. I don't know what to do!" she turns to face me, tears in her eyes and her movements frantic.

Once again the doorhandles start to shake, more violently than Ivy's shaking. We both duck behind the bed, I clutch the gun tightly in my hand.

"Where'd you get that?" Ivy asks me in a soft whisper.

"Sage left it for me" I answer. Doors along the hallway slam open, one after another, every now and then a scream being heard from the shocked occupants inside.

"They're looking for you" Ivy breaths out, looking at me. I zip my mouth shut tightly so the whimper doesn't escape.

"The rat must've told them the boys wouldn't be here" she talks to herself.

Someone kicks the door, making it rattle roughly.

"Boss, the door's locked" a male voice shouts from the other side of the door.

"Move" I choke on a sob at the distinctive voice. Ivy looks at me in question as my hands move up to cover my mouth, a tremor shaking me.

"It's Jace" I mouth to her. I watch as her face turns a pale shade as she mouths out a 'fuck'.

Just then the sound of multiple gunshots echo through the room, I hear them soar over the top of us and into the wall behind us.

Ivy slams a hand over her mouth, cutting off her short scream. The door is kicked open easily once the lock had been shot off.

Ivy grabs the gun from my hand and shoves it under the bed, out of sight.

"They'll kill us if they see it" her voice so low, it's barely heard.

"Search the room" Jace orders from the doorway, I have a clear view of his boots from underneath the bed as he stands in the doorway, his boots tracking mud up to the door.

Two pairs of boots step onto the carpet of the bedroom, their shoes making a mess. They check the bathroom and closet first, ripping apart clothing and smashing the bathroom mirror, making both Ivy and I flinch.

They then begin to make their way towards the side of the bed we're hiding behind, their shoes coming closer with every step, their shadows looming closer.

My mind races at the possible chance I'm putting Ivy in danger and in a split second decision I lift my head so I'm kneeling behind the bed, the top half of my body now visible.

"Jace" I call quietly. His men point their guns at me immediately as Jace redirects his attention from the hallway to me.

His men stop in their steps and look back at Jace, waiting for his next instruction.

"There she is" Jace clasped his hands together with a cynical smile on his face. I feel Ivy pulling at my shirt.

"What are you doing?" I hear her hiss from next to me. I put a hand down and grab her wrist giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"Put your hands up" Jace says almost immediately, his men moving a step closer with their guns drawn on me. I do as he says "good, come here" he demands.