𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗱

ꜱᴏᴋᴏᴠɪᴀ

       Night fell upon the city of Sokovia as the cold seeped in, through cracks in doors and windows, chilling everyone to the core. Pietro and Wanda Maximoff stalked up to the church, run down from the bombings. The area had been fenced off to the public but Wanda easily pushed it aside as the two walked up the stone steps. Although the night was cold and dark, everything around them was lively and people chatted off in the distance.

Pietro looked around uneasily, noting any exits he could speed him and his sister through if need be. The boy had been... in his thoughts lately, almost arguing with himself constantly. It was always about the other speedster... another speedster and how he could become better than her. A few of her comments during their fight made him laugh from time to time as he thought back on it and he even made sure to look up who Sonic was after he got back to Sokovia, using the city's run-down library that was completely covered in dust.

"Talk," Wanda said, "and if you are wasting our time..."

"Did you know this church is in the exact center of the city?" A robotic voice echoed off the stone walls, creeping eerily around the twins, "The elders decreed it so that everyone could be equally close to God... I like that. The geometry of belief," Wanda stalked forward towards a chair in the center of the room, the speaking figure was sitting at, as Pietro stayed rooted in his spot, hiking himself up on his toes just in case.

"You're wondering why you can't look inside my head," They said suddenly.

"Sometimes it's hard," Wanda's eyes shone red, "But sooner or later every man shows himself."

A mechanical whirring noise fanned into the space as the figure stood up, a good 10-11 feet tall. The blanket fell from his figure and there stood a robot with very human altercations and movements.

"Oh, I'm sure they do," He said. The twins were taken back, slightly fascinated and nervous as Wanda returned to her brother's side, "But you needed something more than a man. That's why you let Stark take the scepter."

"I didn't expect..." Wanda gestured to the robot who stood in front of her, Pietro only watched his sister concerned, "But I saw Stark's fear. I knew it would control him... Make him self-destruct."

"Everyone creates the thing they dread," The robot stalked around the room, "Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... Smaller people? Uh..." He took a second to think, "Right, Children!" He laughed, "I lost the word there. Children, designed to supplant them, to help them... end."

"Is that why you've come, to end the Avengers?"

"I've come to save the world. But also... yeah."