𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝐭𝐞𝐧 - 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

              "Hey, sweetheart, how're you feeling?"

Alexandria woke up to a brunette woman standing over her. She was beautiful, reminding her of her mother. She was holding a plate of eggs and bacon with cantaloupe on the side, the smell wafted into the speedster's nose. She attempted to sit up but winced at the sharp pains in her torso. Her memories were fuzzy but all she wanted to do was cry.

"Take it easy there, Alexandria, you took a hard hit the other day," The woman helped her sit up, propping her back onto some very comfortable pillows.

"Who are you? And where am I?"

"My name is Laura and this is... well, it's currently being used as a safe house," Her smile radiated like rays of the sun, easing Alexandria.

"Thank you, Laura," She spoke sincerely, taking a bite of her food.

Alexandria was stiff, a dull pain radiating from her torso. She had a large bandage wrapped around her abdomen, likely used as a splint to hold her bones together. Another perk that came from the speed was a faster recovery time with injury so Alexandria would be good to go in a few days. Her suit had been torn during the fight and she was now in a pair of grey track shorts, a black sports bra, and a brown flannel, likely coming from Clint's closet.

"Now, here are some ground rules, you have to follow," Laura smiled, "No speeding until you are cleared by doctor Banner and no running around at night."
Alexandria groaned in protest through a mouthful of eggs. She had gotten used to being able to speed everywhere.

"... So we can end the fight! So we can go home!" Shouting was heard outside the window and the two women looked as Steve ripped apart a log with his bare hands.

"It just reeks of testosterone here," Laura sighed, shaking her head.

"Tell me about it."

⊱ ────── { ϟ } ───── ⊰

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time," Fury spoke as Laura helped Alexandria ease herself into a chair, "My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing."

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked, glancing at the teenager who was having trouble moving her arms to grab a fry off her plate.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though."

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked, sticking a dart to the board.

"Yes, he is," Fury responded, "But he's not making any headway."