𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥

        Alexandria had 5 panic attacks, 3 mental breakdowns, and 8 electric shocks before she was finally ready to accept that she could run as fast as the speed of light. Everything was easier with speed, minus the whole "constantly getting electrocuted" thing.

"Hey kid," Tony knocked on the doorframe to her bedroom, "I'm gonna need you downstairs, we're gonna run some tests, ok?"

His voice was calm, nothing like she had heard before. In all honesty, Alexandria had started to grow on Tony and he enjoyed her company. It was tragic what happened to her, going from the best high school track athlete to being a superhero was a huge turning point.

"Come on Sparks, let's go," Tony motioned out of the door.

Alexandria got up, her normal athletic clothes on and a pair of sneakers. She followed the billionaire out of the door and through the tower towards the labs. When they arrived, Clint, Steve, and Natasha Romanoff were there, encased in bulletproof glass.

"How are you, Alexandria?" Bruce Banner asked, taking out a clipboard,

"I'm doing alright..." She looked around the room with a confused expression. Everyone was here because they were excited even though the girl in question was not.

"Alright, strap this to your arm," He gave her some sort of heart monitor, "And when you're ready you can get up on the treadmill and give it a go, run as fast as you can."
Alexandria nodded, tightening her shoes and stepping up. The treadmill was huge with a large bar on the left side of it that was some sort of atomic clock. It turned as she ran and was completely safe.

"I got the idea from a comic book," Tony piped up, fixing the lights, "I call it, the Cosmic Treadmill except, in this case, it won't send you back in time. Go on and give it a go."

She stepped up on the padded surface and began to pick up speed. Then she ran faster, and faster. Her body became a moving blur on the treadmill. Everyone began to cheer until the monitor started beeping.

"Shit!" Tony shouted, quickly tapping all over the tablet he was carrying.

"What's wrong, Tony?" Natasha said, rushing over towards him.

"She's producing a copious amount of electricity, if she produces too much she could hurt herself or even get killed," Bruce said, rushing over towards his computer.

"Well then stop the device!" Steve shouted.

"If I stop the device, she's going to run into that wall," Tony shouted back angrily.

Electricity began to spark from her body, breaking lightbulbs and random things around the lab.

"Hey Clint, can you grab that mattress for me?" Tony said, pointing to a random mattress on the floor.

"I'm not even gonna ask why you have a mattress in here, where do you want it?"

Tony pointed towards the wall in front of the treadmill, Clint set it up so it could catch the speedster.

"Ok, turn off the treadmill in three..." A bolt of lightning slammed into the glass, "Two..." Tony tapped the final things in his tablet, "ONE!"

The treadmill shut off and Alexandria was thrown forwards into the mattress with a thud. Before she could slam into it, the entire wall puffed out with pillow material though it didn't exactly help as the girl bounced off the wall completely and fell onto the floor of the lab.

The group rushed out bending over her as she sat up, rubbing her head. Tony surveyed her for any particularly bad injuries but there was nothing.

"Hey kid," Clint pipped up, pointing at her feet which held a pair of badly burnt and destroyed shoes.

"I think you're gonna need a new pair of shoes."

───── ❝ Authors Note ❞ ─────

I'm rushing everything so we can get to pietro bc that's what youre here for