𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

           The dull aching pain still hung behind Alexandria's eyes but she had to push it aside, for now, she had a job to do. Her heart was a gap in her chest, only small feelings returning slowly but it was enough for her to continue on and live.

"Alright team, we'll be arriving in about 10 minutes, it's game plan time, Cap you have the floor," Tony called out, activating his suit.

"Alright, Thor, Stark, and I will find Ultron and see if we can talk this out, if not, you know what to do. Barton, Romanoff, sweep the upstairs, be there just in case of disaster. Banner, stay in the jet and be ready for a code green though I doubt that will happen. Campbell, take care of the enhanced, I know you can handle the speedster but the other one may be harder, keep them distracted and help out if needed," Steve grabbed his shield as the jet landed, "Any questions?"

No one said anything as they finished suiting up. Alexandria pulled on her gloves and shoes before stretching out her muscles quickly. If she was going to beat the speedster, she had to be faster than him. But did she really want to beat him? Maybe they could help each other?

Her thoughts were cut short as Tony grabbed onto the teenager and swung her under his arm and let her hang there as he blasted off and out of the jet. With Alexandria in one arm and Clint dangling from the other, they neared an old cargo ship that was rusted, an optimal place for a secret hideout.

Tony dropped the two onto the deck before flying down inside. Alexandria rolled to a stop, nodding to Clint before speeding off inside. She hid in a large corridor, peeking out into the main area where Ultron was. She looked down just in time to see Ulton cut off a guy's arm which made her gag slightly. Though, the small noise made the other speedster shoot his head up towards her causing the girl to duck behind the wall once more.

"I'm sorry. I'm... Ooo!" Ultron's voice echoed across the walls of the ship, "I'm sure that's gonna be okay. I'm sorry... It's just that I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark!"

Ultron kicked the man in the jaw causing him to fall back down the stairs with a shout. Alexandria's breath hitched, she was simply terrified. 

"It's a thing with me," Ultron continued, "Stark is... He's a sickness!"

"Ah, Junior..." Tony Stark landed on the bridge, Thor and Steve behind him, "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to..."

Alexandria peeked around the corner again, eyeing Clint and Natasha who were slipping through the hallways. Her eyes met a pair of blue ones down on the bridge, the other speedsters eyes. The two looked at each other, the boy raised his eyebrow, cocking his head to the side as the conversation continued.

"Ah yes, it's funny," The boy finally spoke, breaking eye contact, "Mr. Stark... It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" His eyes dragged down to the piles of missiles on the ground. Alexandria gulped, letting out a shaky breath. You have your speed, you're going to be okay.