𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐭𝐰𝐨 - 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡

       Alexandria's eyes flickered open, bright lights pouring into them

       Alexandria's eyes flickered open, bright lights pouring into them. She squinted, attempting to rub her eyes but she was tied down. The girl began to panic, looking down at her wrists that were bound to the hospital bed she was in. Her hands were still shaking.

So it wasn't a dream.

"Alexandria, you're awake!" Her mother cried, wanting to near her child and envelope her in a safe hug but she couldn't.

"Where am I?" The young girl tugged at her restraints, "What's going on?"

"We're back in New York," Her mother said calmly, "A bolt of lightning hit the hotel and I think something caused you to get a little electrocuted." Alexandria furrowed her eyebrows as her eyes trained on someone entering the room.

"Hi there Miss Campbell, I'm Dr. Bruce Banner," The man introduced timidly.

His hair was tousled and black, his beard short and scruffy. He was wearing a simple purple button-down and lab coat with thin glasses but he introduced himself, he took the glasses off and folded them into his hands.

"I'm sure you're wondering what is going on with your hands," He pointed at her palms and fingers which were shaking madly, a blur to their eyes.

Alexandria nodded hastily. The man ushered her mother out of the room before turning to the girl again.

"At around 11:42 pm, you were the victim of an electrocution incident," He explained but Alexandria didn't buy it just yet.

Dr. Banner looked over the top of his glasses, "That, of course, is a false statement," He sighed, "Rather, at 11:40 pm, there was an accident at a lab not too far from the hotel you were staying in. That lab was experimenting with a substance called dark matter a form that is similar to lightning that no one had seen before," His eyes trained to her to make sure she was listening, "That substance needed a... suitable host to contain itself in so when the lab's encasement facility broke, that substance went into the atmosphere and struck down at your hotel at exactly 11:42 pm... and well, it decided that you were the most suitable host."

Alexandria couldn't tell if he was kidding or not but she decided to go with the latter.

"What does that even mean?"

"You, Alexandria Campbell have been affected by dark matter mixed with lightning. Therefore, you have become a speedster."

She stared at him dumbfounded.

"What the fu-"

ϟ

Becoming a speedster was not on her bucket list of fun things to do before senior year. She was already fast enough, why make her fast and suffer from the pain of electrocution every minute.