𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 - 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

        "You can't become all buddy-buddy with her just because you've met her a few times!" Wanda Maximoff hissed at her brother who was attempting to keep up to her frustrated pace

"But Wanda, she is just like me, she can help us!"

"You are so annoying!"

The two twins sighed frustratedly before turning the corner into Helen Cho's lab. Tech was littered throughout the lab, stuffing itself into every cranny. Both twins had felt uneasy around Ultron for the last few days, especially after what happened to Alexandria. Wanda knew she couldn't hold her brother back for much longer, whatever was pulling the two together would win eventually.

"Celular cohesion will take a few hours but we can initiate the consciousness stream," Dr. Cho explained as the twins entered the room, "We're uploading your cerebral matrix... now."

Wanda stalked up to the case slowly, intrigued on what Ultron was building while Pietro stayed back, rather bored but ready just in case Ultron decided to pull something. 

"I can read him," Wanda said with a sly smile, "He's dreaming."

"I wouldn't call it dreams," Dr. Cho countered, "It's Ultron's base consciousness. Informational noise. Soon-"

"How soon?" Ultron interrupted, "I'm not being pushy." Pietro rolled his eyes subtly.

"We're imprinting a physical brain, there are no shortcuts. Even if your magic gem-"

Suddenly Wanda let out a scream, her hands ripping from the case as if it was on fire. Pietro rushed forward, pulling his sister into him securely, making sure she was alright. With one look, he knew what was happening.

"How could you?" Wanda panted.

"How could I what?" Ultron was now standing up, his figure looming venomously in front of them.

"You said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world!"

"It will be better."

"When everyone is dead?"

"That is not..." Ultron sighed, "The human race will have every opportunity to improve."
"And if they don't?" Pietro questioned, his heart beating rapidly, his blood beginning to boil in anger.

"Ask Noah."
"You are a madman."

"There were more than a dozen extinction-level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs! When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And, believe me, he's winding up." Ultron leaned forward, "We have to evolve, there's no room for the weak."

"And who decides who's weak?" Pietro asked as Wanda quickly broke Dr. Cho from her trance.

"Life," Ultron chuckled, "Life always decides..."