Thing called Love

..............Djaay P.O.V.............

Damn this mattress is harder than a motherfucker. I haven't slept since the day i stepped foot in this hell hole. My eyes looked red and tired from the lack of sleep. I looked in the cracked mirror and knew that this wasn't me, this person standing before that mirror looked nothing like me. I was stressed. i walked back over to my hard mattress and placed my head in my hands. My phone time was coming up and i was excited to be able to call Lexi. I know what you all thinking. Why wouldn't I call my mom first? Well shes coming this weekend to see me so there was no need for me to call her. I sat there in total silence. My heart beat followed the sound of the police deputies foot steps. I stood up ready to get my time. She approached my cell and opened my cell door.

"Looks like someone is eager for their phone call, who are you calling?" She said joking around and cuffing my hands.

"My ex her name is Lexi." I responded back.

"if shes your ex then why do you still to her?" She said as she walked me towards where the phones are.

"Ms. why are you so nosy?" 

"It deputies sally to you and I'm being so nosy because i want to get a confession out of you before i listen to your recorded call."

"Deputy sally what are you talking about?"

"You what I'm talking about little one.. you killed your father and i want a confession out of you!"

"i didn't kill him! I was going to but.."

"But what." she stopped me and looked me in my eyes. I couldn't snitch on trigga that's going against the rule that could have me shot and killed in these streets. 

"But what?"

"Nothing, can i just get my phone time?"

"Alright i guess so."

She unlocked my hand cuffs and i walked quickly to the phones that was held against the walls. I took the phone off the hook and quickly began dialing Lexi's number. Lord knows how much i miss that girl. I pray to god every single day that shes safe. I love that girl with all my heart, and every since i've been here all i can think about is her. I want her to be happy and move on but i dont want her to forget about my. The phone rang a couple times before her soft voice answered the phone.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey.. was you sleep?"I asked.

"No how are you doing, i haven't herd from you in a while?"

"I'm just trying to keep my self together.. that's the only thing i can do."

"Aww its going to be OK, have you been praying."

"Yes."

"Well that's the only thing you can do right now."

"yeah, but how are you doing?"

"I'm not doing so good, me and Julian got into a little scuffle, me and Ali ain't cool no more, and now I'm living with Corahn and Indigo."

My heart sank to my stomach. I mean i want her to be happy because i feel that her child needs a father in their life, but i mean Corahn is no good for her. He treats girls like a trophy. He likes to show off what he has, fuck the girl, and then he goes to get more trophies thinking that the one who was always there for him is not going to know nor care. 

"Ohh oh OK how is that going?" I said leaning against the wall.

"I just got here, but i mean i really don't wanna be with him because its just going to be the same shit with him he doesn't seem to change a bit."