"No, we just don't like it," Liam mumbled.

"Well, I for one was shocked," Isaac said from beside me. 

Scott stood up straight, turning the phone in his hand. "Maybe we're all right, maybe we should be looking for both. Aaron and the woman on the phone. And since you guys agree.-"

"Wait," Mason said, cutting him off, pointing between himself and Theo. "You mean, me and. . ."

"Him?" Theo completed, just as shocked by the idea.

"Yeah," Scott nodded, before turning to Isaac and me. "We're splitting into groups of three, so one of you is with them."

"Dibs not," Isaac and I both said at the same time.

Isaac held out his fist, indicating he was wanting to challenge me to a round of rock, paper, scissors over who had to go with them. Instead, I crossed my arms in front of me.
"He buried me alive."

"We're still on that?" Theo grumbled.

I glared at him over my shoulder, "Yeah, we're still on that."

"Fine," Isaac sighed, lowering his hand.

"Alright," Scott nodded. "So Isaac, Theo and Mason will find Aaron. Riley, Liam and I will try to figure out whose voice is on the phone."

Liam moved forward to stand beside Scott, "If we find either half, maybe we don't have to fight at all."

"That would be a nice change of pace," I stated.

The beta nodded, "Stop the Anuk-ite-"

"We stop the war," Scott completed.

♧♤♢♡

Isaac, Mason and Theo left not long after that, leaving Liam, Scott and me at the clinic with the phone. So far, all they had done is stare at the object, one of them occasionally touching it.

We all stood around the table, probably hoping that it would call or just somehow tell us the name of who we were looking for. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

Growing impatient, Liam picked up the phone, flipped it open and hit the redial button. As soon as it began to ring, Scott ripped the phone away from him and shut it, effectively ending the call.
"Do you even know what you're going to say?"

"'Hello?'" Liam answered.

"We might only get one shot at this. What are you gonna tell her?"

The beta went quiet for a moment, realising that he hadn't actually thought the idea through. Eventually, he said, "I'm gonna try to get her to meet us somewhere."

"Maybe that might not be the best idea," the Alpha responded.

I sighed, leaning against the table, "Well, Scott, I don't think any plan to do with the Anuk-ite is going to sound overly exciting."

"Exactly," Liam agreed. "At least this way, we'll know who they are."

"And they'll know who we are," Scott pointed out.

The phone began to ring in Scott's hands, all three of us looking down at it. It continued to ring, Scott not making any move to do anything.

"Answer it," Liam told him.

Scott frowned, "You're the one who wanted to make the call, you take it."

When they both just stood there staring at each other, I rolled my eyes and reached over, snatching the phone from Scott's hands. "Werewolves my ass," I muttered as I flipped open the phone.