Chapter |49| Wanting

"Woah," I quickly grabbed the back of my chair to steady myself

"Woah," I quickly grabbed the back of my chair to steady myself. Wyatt, Rory, Flo and Daniel all rushed to my aide, ready to catch me if needed.

"What's wrong?" Wyatt's eyes buzzed with panic and fear.

"Should I call Dr Harriet?, "Is it the baby?", "Arabella, what hurts?" I burst out laughing in disbelief. The four of them stared at me quizzically.

My hand clutched my stomach and tears pricked the corner of my eyes as I slowly shut them. "Do it again please," I muttered softly.

The harsh fluttering began again, and I choked out a laugh. "Feel." I grabbed Rory's and Flo's hands, pressing against my lower abdomen.

"Oh my god!" They laughed with me, and the three of us soon began crying tears of hysterical laughter.

"What the hell is going..." I placed Wyatt's hand on my stomach, just to shut him up. Daniel took a step back and nodded at me.

"I think I can figure out what's happening." I shook my head at him. He's always one for professional mannerism, even if he's married to one of my best friend's, I'll always be his Queen first.

"My baby is kicking, I can't believe it. It feels so..."

"Real." Rory finished for me, a knowing smile on her face. I slowly nodded.

"Yeah...wow, it feels so surreal. I'm growing another human, half me, half Hardin. I've been through this before but...it feels different this time. It's gonna stick, I'm gonna have a baby."

They won't die this time, is what I wanted to scream out. Because there was no evil birth mother who thought I was destined for destruction. There was no war brewing, there were no crazy people trying to kill me. The only thing screwed up this time was that Hardin dead, that my baby would grow up without its real father and I would go through this alone.

But I would have my baby in my arms. I would hold them, and kiss goodnight, I could tell them stories about Hardin and teach them right from wrong. This small piece of Hardin was all I had left of him. I would treasure my child till my dying breath.

"What's going on?" Xander commented, his arm slung over Flicker, after finding us all huddled around my stomach.

"Come and feel." He crossed the room and tentatively placed his hand on my bump. His eyes sparkled as he felt the kicking too and
quickly he was wiping away the tears he pretended not to have wept.

"Thank you for that. I needed that little bit of hope."

"Hope for what?" Smiling sadly, he gently caressed my cheek in a loving fashion.

"That you would be okay without him, and I believe that it will be hard...but you will live your life, raise your baby and find happiness Arabella." I clutched his with my own.