Chapter |28| A Double Wedding

A R A B E L L A ' S    P. O. V

I always hated getting up early in the mornings, and that's exactly what a wedding entailed. It meant forcing yourself to get out of bed at 4 o'clock in the morning, only to sit there for hours as someone worked on your hair and makeup.

Not to mention the dresses that must fit, the overwhelming brides you have to appease and the crazy rush of getting everything ready for the exact time that the brides are meant to walk down the aisle.

I love my friends, I really do, but as brides, they are monsters.

"Ari, I can't find my blue hair clip. How can I not find my blue hair clip? It's my something blue and my something old. I thought I was so lucky to be gifted it but now it's gone. I lost it. Oh god, I can't believe this. Maybe this is a sign? Maybe this is God's way of telling me that I shouldn't be getting married today? Maybe I should..."

"Found it." I slid the blue hair clip into her elaborate bun, securing it tightly.

"Oh, thank you so much!" Rory squeezed me so hard, I thought my rib had cracked. I would never tell her that I found it right by her foot, or that her elbow had knocked it off the table.

"Ari!" I ran out of the room and across the hallway to Delphine's room. She was sat there, Alamo in tears as she stared at herself in the mirror. "I have a pimple. It's my wedding day and I have a fucking pimple."

"Language." Her cousin chided, covering her baby's ears. Delphine merely flipped her off and then went back to staring at the barely visible pimple.

"I can't even see it."

"You have to say that!" She screeched, causing her nephew to start bawling his eyes out in the corner.

"Look what you did now." Her cousin muttered, storming out of the room. The door slammed shut behind her, and the baby's cries became a faint hum in the distance.

"Thank fuck for that." Bending down, I placed both my hands on her shoulders.

Flo was meant to be here, she was going to stay with Rory and I would stay with Delphine. Instead, she was back in Dahlia preparing to give birth any day now.

"Del, I love you but seriously it's not bad at all. You need to calm down."

"Calm down?" She shoved my hands off her and I knew instantly I would regret my choice of words. "Calm down? How can I calm down? Ari, I'm getting married. I mean actually married. I'm tying my life to another person's, it's crazy. It should be illegal to do that, maybe I will make it illegal?"

"Delphine!" I screamed, earning her attention. "I know that..." I glanced behind me at the shut door and called for Rory to come in as well. She trailed in, complaining about something else she had lost and took a seat on the small sofa in the corner.

"Girls, I know that this is scary. Trust me, I've been there. Marriage is a word that terrifies us all so we instantly freak out at the notion of it. However it's not. Marriage can be a beautiful thing once you find the right person to share it with. The fact that you're in a wedding dress today, about to take the plunge, shows that you're ready for the commitment. You're ready for this. Now I'm not going to stop you if want to run. This is your decision but I don't want you both to make a mistake, whether that be getting married today or not at all. It's up to you."