Chapter |40| Closing The Deal

I love you, just thought you should know baby

The war is getting worse now. We can barely get any sleep, the food had grown stale or rotten and the amount of casualties are increasing. I wouldn't be telling you this unless it was bad. And it is.

We need those supplies and we need them now. Please, get them for us. Without them, I fear we may all die and our Kingdom will taken by the rebels.

Peace used to be an option. I even tried to negotiate with the commanders in charge. The bastards wouldn't listen though, they would rather sacrifice the lives of millions than surrender peacefully and agree to co-exist whilst deliberating changes they want in place.

I don't know how this war will end, but right now it doesn't look good.

The photos you sent me have been everything. Ajax looks adorable, give Rory my best wishes and congratulations. The picture of you...fuck baby it was exactly what I needed.

Perhaps I'll conceal my own sexy picture in the next one. ;)

Love you lots, Hardin xx

"Ari, King Gideon has arrived." I smoothed out the lapels of my smart blue shirt, that was neatly tucked into the black leather skirt I had chosen to wear.

My closed heels gave me at least three extra inches of height, and I hoped they would inspire some extra confidence too because King Gideon's reputation was not something he should be proud of.

Assaults, playboy, gambling, torture. This man was scary as hell, and because of that, I didn't want anything to do with him. So, I made sure he wasn't invited to any of our galas or balls and stayed well out of sight if he did attend.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do that now because his Kingdom was one of the richest and most powerful to ever exist. It was small, but I knew the future of Dahlia was dependent on this deal.

I couldn't let him leave without closing.

"Would you please direct him to my office? I'll be there shortly." As Carla left, I took a seat on my bed and waited. Hardin taught me that to make an impression, I had to be the last one in the room. Otherwise, I had already lost the game.

Xander met me by the staircase, a folder in his hand outlining the details of the deal. I pushed open the door, expecting to find some thuggish brute but instead was greeted by...a pirate?

The man who sat in my chair could not be a King. He wore a roguish grin on his face, and a eye patch covering up one of his marvellous green eyes. His outfit was not a suit as I had previously expected but a tattered old white shirt, which was missing several buttons and left wide open at the top. His pants looked tight and leather with a metal chain dangling off them. The hat was even more ridiculous, and I half expected a parrot to fly out from somewhere.