Chapter |35| All Sexed Out

A R A B E L L A ' S P. O. V

Who knew sex could be considered a chore? Because I sure as hell didn't. I always considered sex to be fun and spontaneous, the one thing that would always be a private intimate moment between Hardin and I.

Well, boy was I wrong.

Since the advisors were the ones who suggested we tried for a baby, because it is likely a new heir will boost our popularity with the public, they've not been shy about putting in their input.

For example, writing up a schedule to carve out free time for sex, making me take pills in order to increase my chances of fertility, and even going as far as suggesting positions during official meetings.

I mean sometimes, a girl just wants to sleep! Not be mounted by her husband at eleven at night when he slips into bed, because we forget to have sex that day.

Weekly pregnancy tests were issued and after almost three months of trying, they were all negative. It was a little disheartening but it would have been better if I wasn't subjected to the whole Palace knowing my business.

My new maid, Penny, who is sweet really, is afraid of practically everything. Including Huxley and reports everything back to him, I mean everything.

"You ready?" Hardin murmured, his words slurred as he was half asleep. I groaned and slumped back down onto the bed. The reminder kept dinging and dinging, until finally I grabbed the stupid device and threw it against the wall.

A smirk of satisfaction crawled up my face, but then it dropped as the beeping continued. "I can't Hardin, not today. I'm so sore." I quickly got out of bed, before he could pounce on me.

"I never thought I would say this but, I'm getting a little sick of sex." I smiled, and chuckled his shirt at him.

"I think we should just take a little break, I mean we always had the best sex spontaneously."

"Spontaneity it is then." He grinned, as I pecked his lips. My husband shuffled himself up the bed, resting lazily against the headboard with his hands behind his head, as he watched me change. "So, what time is everyone coming?"

To celebrate Rebirth day, which is essentially when the calendar changes to a new year, we decided to host a little party with our closet friends.

Of course Flo has a newborn, and Rory was heavily pregnant, which is why I got some mocktails ready and decided to make the official time six.

"I said six, but probably around half six." He nodded, deep in thought.

"I'll be ready by then."

"Good." I blew him a kiss, before leaving to start my day.

***

"Tell me everything." Delphine had flown in, leaving behind her newly wedded husband, who was dealing with a personal matter.

"Clarissa is dead. There is really nothing else to it."

"Bullshit," She sighed, and I noted the heavy bags underlining her eyes. Delphine never had bags under her eyes, she was always completely well rested. Yet somehow, she looked like a mess.

Frowning, I reached out and took a strand of her greasy hair in my hand. "What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" She snapped, taking back her hair.

"This isn't you, you're always so..."

"Perfect." I gave her a look.

"I was going to say well put together." She reached into her bag and pulled out a single photo. It was black and grey from the first glance but upon closer examination, I realised what it is.