Chapter 12

"Hey girls" I said I I walked out the school to find my friends waiting for me.

"Barbie" They all screamed.

"So are you guys ready for the best break ever?"

The school year was finally over and there was only one year left of high school. One year left to see if my relationship was the real deal.

"Of course we're ready. We were born ready" Mish said with confidence.

"Awesome. Let's go" We walked to the car where Nick waited to pick us up.

He said last night that he would pick us up today cos he missed me so much. He was so busy this week with school that he didn't have time for our weekly secret date.

When I saw him, he smiled and my smile matched his, keen but well hidden.

"So ladies, glad to be on vacation?" He asked once we got to the car.

"Glad is an understatement. If I had it my way, this place would never see me again!" Mish yelled.

Mishka's parents were off to Europe to visit with family. Mish, who didn't like the idea of sitting around a bunch of Old Russian fogies for weeks, had decided to swing a story.

She managed to convince her parents that she had to get a vacation job for college applications. Her parents, of course, truly believed that Mish needed as much help as possible if she was going to get any sort of tertiary education. The problem was, it was truly all a story. We had to still help her to get some kind of job. She was going to stay at Livy's house for company.

Livy's parents had wanted to fly her out to visit with her grandmother at the coast, but she had declined saying she didn't need the beach or to sooth her parents conscience. She felt like they were just trying to get rid of her while they were in and out with work.

I was all set with my vacation job starting next week. I really wanted this job, I didn't even care about the money. I was only after the experience of working at an actual firm. I was so excited. Even though it was just a clerk job, I was over the moon.

Nick still had a week of school left before his vacation started. He also had a internship lined up but it was only for one week. I still had no idea what it was about. I should ask him some time.

Jess was also just going to be home woth Livy. They decided they would keep busy with silly summer workshops and lazing around the pool.

"So first we're going to Mishka's house to get her bags and then we're going to Livy's"

The weekend dragged by so slowly. I missed Nick and I was too excited for my first job.

Finally it was Sunday evening, and I couldn't sleep. I was tossing and turning when my phone vibrated under my pillow.

It was from Nick, obviously,

Gremlin: So are all you geared up for tomorrow?

I'm so excited I can't sleep -was my reply

Gremlin: Maybe it's the heat. You should go for a swim.

He was bringing back memories of our late night pool excursions

But it wouldn't be the same without you there

Gremlin: True, it's probably because you didn't get your goodnight kiss.

Probably, you know me to well.

Gremlin: So how exactly are you getting around for the next few weeks?