"From who?" Shahzad demanded further.

"I don't know, I guess it's an anonymous gift. Why do you ask?" Zayn prompted.

Shahzad shook his head, muttering under his breath. It was u til he raised his head to see Zayn waiting for his answer that he replied.

"Zayn. You forgot one of the rules. Never accept anything if you do not know where it came from. If one of your family or friends have gifted that to you, they would have surely brought it up by now." Shahzad stressed, looking at Zayn warily.

"Well it's just a watch. It's harmless. Why did you suddenly ask?" Zayn questioned further.

"It's just that - when we was digging up info on that place near Alperton Station, I found a USB on the floor. Don't think they realised that they dropped it. Anyways, I went home and checked what was on it, obviously. Most of it was someone's personal stuff - like this guy was in uni, so he had his essays and pictures and whatnot. I found one locked file. Easily found the password. It was about these blue watches, the exact one you are wearing. About dropping them off to certain 'subjects' that were numbered with an address next to them. Your address was there. But I didn't see no watch on you, so I forgot about it. And figured what could a watch do to harm you. Thing is, it wasn't there to harm you, but to track you. Vinnie's boss person knew we would go there. Knew everything beforehand. So I assume it's him. He probably wants to keep an eye on you," he explained.

Zayn digested his words. They had stoppped outside the shop next to Amigos.

"Well if it's not harming me, I don't gotta do much about it. He can track me if he wants - he ain't gonna find anything of interest. I don't really care. Getting rid of the watch or suddenly not wearing it might cause problems. And that's the last thing I need,"

"You're probably right. When I tried to find out further, there was nothing - oh shit, my Uber's here. See you tomorrow!" Shahzad jogged down the road.

Zayn sighed. Shahzad always ran off mid convo - it was a miracle to have gotten hold of him for that long even.

But Zayn was right. What more could her do about a measly watch. He legit only went school, work, errands, took Syra out, wen out with his friends. Nothing major or top secret. So he didn't care.

As he was walking down to the corner, he remembered his stalkers. No sign of them now. Even as Zayn leisurely got on his bike and turned it on, no one came.

They were probably from that guy who sent the watch. Just checking on him. He laughed to himself. Big man was in for a disappointment as Zayn had long disassociated himself with all of that.

Anyways.

He drove to McDonald's to get some food for Syra on the way back.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

Zayn considered separate the pieces of the watch and take the tracker. Or just taking it and smashing it to the floor. Because now that Shahzad had told him where it came from, it bothered him greatly. He would not just sit back and let something happen. He sat there, lost in thought until an idea occurred to him he would drop it off at that abandoned place near Alperton Station where he had woken up. Exactly where he had found that card.

What had been written on it again? He had kept it with him incase it came in handy later on. Now he was glad that he had.

Zayn rolled off the bed, pulling on his shirt as he exited the attic room and down the stairs, heading across the landing to his old room.

💎 Z A Y N 💎जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें