06

'Stay' - Zedd, Alessia Cara

Unedited

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

It was Monday again. He was actually looking forward to it - the activist wasn't here to repeat that same lecture. He was looking forward to seeing Syra again, even if they ignored each other's presence like their lives depended on it.

He approached the table, seeing her already there. Her neat black scarf elegantly shaped like a triangle from each shoulder to the middle of her chest. The cinched in waist of her white shirt before it flared out over her hips, her black jersey skirt clinging to her legs as she crossed her legs, giving that view of an hourglass. It amazed him how he noticed so many things about her in just a glance. Her emeralds eyes peered up and him, her eyebrows slightly arched, and those lips with that glossy shiz again. He loved the way it looked yet hated it for drawing his gaze to her lips and looking so-

Deep breath bmt, he thought. His thoughts weren't exactly the most halal and pg around her right now - well they never were to be honest but he wasn't ready to acknowledge that yet. (Halal means permitted in Islam).

"Salam Syra," he announced his arrival. Syra looked up with a suspecting look on her face - most likely because they didn't even speak the entire week before, except for when they met. Her indifference stung, a lot, but she looked completely fine, and that hurt too. But he was in no position to complain.

"Walaikumasalam, how are you?" she replied smoothly. At least she's being mature.

"The usual ofc? What bout you?"

"Great, as well. Here let me just make some space for you," she answered while making space for him next to her.

He thanked her, placing his stuff down, maintaining his distance. He could still smelt the waft of her lavender scent. Her politeness surprised him but also made him wary. You could never predict a girl's next move the way they could easily predict a guy's. She didn't seem like the scheming type but you never know.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you. You're prolly wondering why I'm talking to you after, you know last week we just carried on individually. It's for my studies. I'm taking Human Biology, Sociology and Psychology for A Levels so taking part in this competition would really benefit my subjects in different ways. But we gotta win," she explained, using her hand gestures and little eyebrow raises to emphasise her words. He assessed her, focusing on her rather than her words.

He nodded, signalling her to continue. He'd do anything she needed really so he didn't care that he wasn't listening - she could just order him around later, for all that matters.

"They paired people they thought were unlikely to have interacted with each other out side of college - but within the same nationality which is where International Day plays a role. So, we gotta get to know each other well, pretty well, to win, because the competition will be like grilling to people who've known each other for their whole lives - you get me?" She continued. She stopped, took a deep breath, biting her lip as she waited for her reply.

Wrong move, bbygirl, he thought, you interrupted my line of thought by doing that. He shook his head and straightened himself - he needed to get his mind out the gutter. He'd easily remember anything she'd have to say about herself, but he had to watch what he'd say about himself, he couldn't reveal certain things but he wanted to win for her. And maybe so they could lesson his community service.