Chapter 33: Wrapped

Start from the beginning

"Were you really that good looking or was it editing?" you joke. "What was real and what was image."

"Wow, you were going to get all that?"

"A little difficult once I got on the panel," you say. "I expected to do straight observation, not interact."

"Good Lord, but you are a scientist at times," he shakes his head. "so why pick me to write about?"

"A lot of it had to do with your acting," you say. "I just picked up as much as I could from your roles and interviews. You displayed some sensitivity, definite masculinity and intelligence, and constantly evolving leadership skills. You just seemed very...desirable, so you were a natural muse, someone who could respect strength, but still step in when need be." You watch him smile and laugh. "Are you blushing?!"

He bends forward laughing harder. "IT's just that...yeah, a fan would say that, but it really feels good when someone gets to know me and still feels the same." He blinks at you. "Doesn't happen often." His eyes twinkle at you. "I loved when you suggested we go to Geoffrey's and you made those Dagwoods. Most would be like, 'let's go out and be seen,' but you wanted me to relax, for us to relax."

"You liked my crappy PC building games and task management games, or pretended to."

"You endured my fantasy ones, even when you cringed at the blood."

"You were okay when I wanted to work on stories."

"You were okay when I wanted to be in my mancave."

You stare at each other.

"I'm not letting you go," he shakes his head. "We'll find a way, I promise."

During your last week on the movie set, everyone is packing what is no longer required. Henry was cleared to move on to the next site for studio work, so you were on your own with Luna, who missed him all the time.

"So what are you gonna do about Stuart?" you ask Stella one day at lunch. "He lives here."

Stella swallows hard, and says, "He says we can keep in touch, make a go of a long distance relationship."

"What do you think of that?"

"I don't know," she confesses. "I think I can do it, no problem. I traveled all this time and he is the first person I dared to get to know. But what if the next movie company has a girl in it he likes? I don't want to be cheated on."

"Yeah," you nod.

"Oh, my God," Stella gasps softly. "you and Henry!"

"What?"

"Well, what are you going to do about him?"

"Oh, him? The visa? All of it."

"Oh, I forgot about that," she says apologetically.

"He says we'll find a way for me to stay longer."

"He said 'we?'" Stella's eyes go wide.

"Yes," you smile gently.

"Well, that means he cares," Stella got that soft 'awww' look on her face. "He's not done with you, and doesn't seem to know when he will be."

"Not knowing presents a lot of doubts," you say slowly, losing eye contact with her.

She takes your hands in hers. "Be positive," she says. "You always told me you wished for love, someone you feel good about being good to. Isn't that him?"

"He seems that way," you say, but your heart warms with the truth of yes.

"Don't be afraid, okay?" Stella squeezes your hands. "You've come so far. See it all through. Who knows where you'll end up?"

Stella, Stuart, Archer, Hannah and you spend your hours after work building shelters for the cats you have been feeding. You leave a note for whomever rents the house to feel free to leave food for the cats and someone would see to them. Between you all you have spayed and neutered about twenty cats since you arrived. 

Your last day on the set was full of goodbyes, and exchanged contact information

Your last day on the set was full of goodbyes, and exchanged contact information. You feel a little sad, having gone through this when the actors departed. All Henry has to do is not respond to anything you send and that could be that. You quell your fears; they are nothing new, and you have been through this, but now...it seems...bigger. It's not just your pride that is on the line-to hell with that-it's your heart.

As the couples all slowly peel off to spend the rest of their final evenings in private, you go to your home over the garage. You are going to miss it, you think as you fill containers with food, change the cat litter and double check the water dispenser. You are trying to figure out where to go with Luna. If you go back to Palmer House you can't take her. Stuart and Archer offered to take her and you may have to take them up on that. You bought a pet store gift card with enough money on it to keep her for a year at the very least.

You slowly go up the steps and think how so much seems to be ending. You are trying to think of potential beginnings but they always seem clearer at sunrise than under any moon. You see the lights on and you can't remember if you left it on or not before you gathered with all the assistants at the backyard bar and grill night you had. You open the door and gasp.

"Hi, sweetheart."