Chapter 31: "L" Words

Start from the beginning

"Ah, she likes it," Henry smiles down at her asleep.

"She's got plenty of room," you shrug. "We'll put some toys in tomorrow."

"Yeah," he says softly, looking at you.

You know that look. "What's for dinner?" You feel nervous. Your heart winces as you see him blink at you.

"I actually took advantage of that slow cooker you brought a few weeks ago," he smiled. "Roasted beef while I was at work, just vegetables now, and we're done."

"We've got a little time then."

He brightens. "A little."

You take Kal out for a walk and a bit of fetch. He is enjoying the night air, and you, well, you're not good with chilly nights.

"Here," Henry offers his jacket. He has a sweater on underneath.

"Oh—you didn't have to—" you look up at him as he puts it on your shoulders, his warmth and scent surrounding you. "Thank you."

He smiles gently and puts his arm around you. You enjoy the night sky, enjoy Kal's enjoyment. It's an in the moment thing, and you like it.

You finally come back to the house, and Henry checks the kitchen.

"It's perfect," Henry smiles upon his return. "it's on a warmer setting now."

"Did you fill that thing up?"

"Yeah," he shrugs. "We can have it for a day or two."

"Or three?" you joke.

"Maybe," he grins. "if you don't sneak Kal any."

"I do not!"

"You do, too."

You sit down on the couch with him. "Have you heard if we are going to stop filming—"

"Sweetheart?" he interrupts gently. "I don't want to talk about that."

Your breath hitches. "What do you want to talk about?"

"You."

"Me?"

He turns to face you. "You've been different since Halloween, and you have good reason to be, but you haven't talked about it."

You're quiet. "I...well, it is what it is, right?"

He shakes his head. "Okay, I want to talk about it, then."

You turn to him, a bit surprised. He didn't seem like the type to do that.

"I can't remember the last time I was so afraid."

"I remember you being calm."

"I had to be," he exhales. "I knew what to do, and I had to do it. It doesn't mean I wasn't afraid....and I was...of losing you."

You hold his hands and look up at him. "I was scared, too. I was afraid of losing you. I am finally happy, you know? And then out of the blue—"

"I am trying to not to hate her," he says, squeezing your hands. "According to her, she didn't realize your allergy was so serious. She thought you were going to break out in a rash or something. I hear Hannah and Archer stayed with her because she seemed...not right."

"Seriously?"

"Yes, she was more than happy to quit," he tells you. "she was really sorry about what happened, and I believe her, but the malice is what I can't forgive. She intended to harm you in some way." He shakes his head, his blue eyes glistening. "I just found you."

You gently lay him back on the couch and you lay on him. You run your fingers through his hair. "I just found you." You smile down at him. "I was afraid of being a problem."

"You're not a problem," he purrs softly, rubbing your back. "The world is filled with those and you are not one of them, love."

You smile tearfully. You had reservations about him. He seemed unable to keep relationships for very long, and you figured it was the fact that they no longer were easy or he'd lost interest. You didn't see that in his eyes.

"And then..."

"What?"

"I wonder," he takes a breath. "I wonder...what he would have looked like."

You laugh ruefully, tears streaming down your cheeks "He? What if she would have been a girl?" You rest your head on his chest, and allow your tears to flow.

"Then I would have been an idiot," he chuckles, stroking your hair and holding you close.

"I love you," you exhale softly.

He raises your body so your faces meet. "I have been waiting for that." He frames your face in his hands. "I love you, too." He draws you down for a kiss, making you feel safe and secure in more ways than one as his arms pull you closer.

You are suddenly hungry for him. The knowledge of his real feelings and yours increases the heat between you. You rake your hands under his sweater, and you watch him revel in your touch as you push the garment up and pull it over his head. As soon as you set the sweater next to you, he rolls you both off the couch facing each other, then pulls you onto him before you hit the floor. You give a cry of surprise as he rolls you under him. You both laugh at that.

He unzips your hoodie and pulls it off your shoulders, leaning up to kiss you. You happily return the favor, but find he is using your hoodie to keep your hands hostage behind your back as you lower body to prolong the liplock. You lick his lips teasingly, and he takes the bait. You suck his tongue and feel his hold lessen on your hands but now focus on your leggings.

You move forward as he slides the fabric down your legs. He lifts his hips as you unfasten his slacks and pull them down over his hips. He sits up and kisses you. You turn around, allowing your hips to be cradled by his, and take his slacks and shoes off completely.

You turn around just in time for him to grab you around the waist as he rises to his feet. You wrap your legs around his hips, feeling lightheaded as your eyes close and allow yourself to feel the sensation of being moved through the house tethered by arms and his kiss. You land on the bed with a bounce, squirming and kissing, him under you.

"Henry!" you breathe, your head falling back as his fingers expertly stroke the apex of your legs. You rub your body up and down his, licking his neck as he moves against you. You gasp as you stroke his length with your softness. Your body is already making room for him, yearning for him.

"Take me."

You look down at him, bracing as you position yourself at the head of his erection. Your head and shoulders fall over as you move, and your breaths come in short cries as you feel him move to meet and fill you. "Aaaaaaaaahhhh...."

"Uuuuuuhhhnnn..."

Henry's hand encircles your neck and he pulls you down to thrust his tongue into your mouth, alternating between that and his cock moving in and out of you. He moans at feeling the soft recesses of your mouth and sex, back and forth. His other hand encircles your waist and you feel your breasts and stomach slide up and down his pecs and abdomen. You feel everything, your knees squeezing his sides as you ride him this way, both of your moans vibrating in your throats over and over until exhaustion overtakes you. He pulls a comforter over your body as sleep welcomes you both.