Chapter 27

Seokjin POV

I held a picture book out in front of me so the girls in my lap could see all that was happening. Though they couldn't read, they could still listen to me and see the illustrations.

It was my turn for storytime according to Suyeon so I was in charge of entertaining the girls while Yubin pottered around the house.

Thanks to Yubin, we had raised enough money during the gala so it was all being distributed to the respective organizations. However, also her speech had gone viral along with several other moments so we were pretty much hiding out at home with the girls.

Even though Suyeon had been begging us for a trip to the park, we couldn't quite do it yet. We wanted to wait it out.

And also because Yubin blurted out Haerim's name publicly, a lot of the public had been trying to dig into her information. Although it wasn't easy because she covered her tracks pretty easily.

"Daddy, your phone is ringing," Suyeon said, pointing towards my lit up phone screen.

"Oh that's okay princess. I'll deal with it later," I said.

She pouted, "No silly, you have to answer it!"

"Why?" I chuckled.

"Because it could be puppy place! Ganmul should come home to us!" She huffed.

Ah right, I did in fact promise that the dog would come home if it hadn't been adopted before the gala. And it hadn't been. He was apparently disliked because he never approached humans. So people thought he wasn't friendly. Guess we just had the magic touch.

I picked up the phone to appease Suyeon, but I probably should've checked the caller ID, because I was not expecting who it was.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god, he picked up! What do I say?"

"Oh...it's you," I hissed at the voice of my cousin. "I'm hanging up, don't call me."

"N-no! Wait! Don't hang up yet!"

I rolled my eyes, "As if there was a reason not to. We are not family anymore. If you think you can waltz back in, you cannot. As of now, you are nothing more than a competitor. Now, good day."

There was some shuffling on the other end.

"Seokjin please wait. Hear us out!"

"Uncle, with all do respect, I don't owe you that. Not in the slightest. You don't deserve anything from me. You lost that right when you turned your back on family. No matter our relationship, you hit way below the belt," I remarked.

I bounced the girls in my lap, trying to distract them from the call. I tried not to get angry because then they'd understand the context of what was happening.

"Please. This will only benefit you and your family. We will get out of your hair for the rest of your life. Just hear us out."

I was getting increasingly irritated but part of me was curious. This was the least snobbish they had sounded talking to me since I'd known them. It was uncharacteristic.

"You have two minutes to explain. And then this call is done."

"We want to meet up with you in person. I know this is out of left field, but as we said, it'll only do you good. We have dirt of Yoon Haerim for you."

I raised an eyebrow, "Do you now? Why should I trust you?"

"We're family."

"Are we? Are we really? Because in my eyes, you lost that right," I sneered.