Chapter 14

Seokjin POV

I spun a pen between my fingers as I tiredly glanced down at the stack of papers in front of me.

Life had been a mess lately, and these stack of papers were just the icing on the cake for a bad time.

With the gala slowly approaching, I along with the other 'gems' needed to start mass signing off on things to finalize starting donations and processes.

All the prior drama was still being sorted out. The broadcasting companies had luckily succumbed to my threats and were cautiously following my orders to avoid repercussion.

Haerim had gone pretty quiet, but with her, it was very possible for her to be quietly gathering. I had talked to Jaehwan about our lunch encounter and while he said it would help, we had nothing against her. It was just 'he said, she said' so it wasn't substantial.

A knock at my door pulled me from my thoughts.

"Come in."

My secretary came in, bowing deeply as he approached.

"Good morning sir. I've come to go over today's schedule," he said.

"As you were."

"Finalizing gala documents. I believe Manager Yubin will be sending a compilation of everything to all of you for final additions. Other than that, you have scheduled that you'd go see one of the sponsored charities."

"Which one?" I looked up from my work.

"Lucky's Shelter," he replied.

The reason the gala was such an important event for us was because we got to give back to and highlight community businesses and organizations dedicated to helping those who need it. This year, we got organizations for children with terminal illnesses, animal shelters, places that provided for the less fortunate, among many other great causes.

We usually raised millions that would then be accordingly distributed amongst the organizations. It was a great event that we pulled off to put our money where our mouth is and support those who need it more than us.

Lucky's Shelter was a hole-in-the-wall place. We had larger animal organizations who would be sponsored, but Taehyung had discovered them when shopping for his dog.

They were a small non-profit shelter for dogs that was struggling to get their pets adopted. They were a small shop and were running out of space. But because they're no kill, they accept every single pooch they can.

Along with some funds, we wanted to help adopt out all of the animals so they could have room for more.

"What time is that scheduled for?" I asked.

"Anytime before you have to go home."

I grinned, "Fantastic. Tell Driver Son to warm up the car. I'll be down in a minute."

I grabbed my coat, parting with my employees for the day. I had a feeling I might end up spending a good amount of time at the shelter, so it was unlikely I'd come back to work before my hours were over.

I headed to the garage where Driver Son patiently waited.

"Good morning sir," he greeted.

I smiled, "Good morning. Today we have to meet with the owners of Lucky's Shelter."

"Understood sir."

As we drove, I pulled out my phone with the list of information I needed to go over with them. I'd be personally sponsoring them up to and through the gala. We were hoping to get a majority if not all of the dogs adopted before, but it would be a bit of work.