The clearing came into view as we sped down the muddy path. The nymphs got increasingly louder. They were right behind us. I could feel their influence trying to worm its way into my mind. They were aggressive; the storm must be scaring them.

We cleared the Pass, getting absolutely drenched as rain poured from the sky. I let out a shaky breath. The storm had picked up considerably. The rain was coming down at a harsh angle, wind whipped through the trees and bushes. Lightning struck the ground in front of up, spooking Belle.

Rushing towards Ravenwood manor, I glanced around for a place to keep Belle. As much as I would love to bring her inside the manor, I don't think she'd be very comfortable.

As we rounded towards the back of the house, I saw a small stable and quickly guided her inside. It felt nice to get a break from the rain. Luckily, I found some feed and a few blankets to give to her. Strange... you'd think this place would have been picked clean during the war. Once she settled down, I closed up, making sure nothing could get in.

I turned back towards the house. Hopefully, I can find some dry wood and some more blankets. Bracing myself, I ran to the back of the house, the rain chilling me to my core. It was definitely a good idea to stop.

My teeth chattered as I tried the back door. It was locked. Weird...

Rubbing my hands together to try and warm them, I focused my magic and pressed a hand against the lock.

"Destruesque." The spell stuttered out of my mouth. Winter was just around the corner. There was a bright flash as my magic broke the lock. I quickly stepped inside, already feeling better out of the cold rain. The manor was surprisingly warm.

I stepped out of the small mudroom and into what appeared to be the main kitchen- a surprisingly well-stocked kitchen. Knots twisted in my stomach as I crouched low. I might not be alone.

I slowly approached the archway out of the kitchen. The manor was dark and quiet. The rain pelted the windows and lightning lit up the darkened halls for mere seconds. Has someone bought the place? I wondered. Or were these squatters?

I rounded the stairs leading up, careful not to let the boards squeak. There was no sign of anyone, but with a place this big, they could be anywhere.

I stilled as I heard a door creak open from behind me. I quickly ducked around a corner. The footsteps grew louder as they approached. I gathered my magic, ready to strike.

I jumped out and froze, staring into hauntingly beautiful and fierce violet eyes. What the hell?! I couldn't wrap my head around what I was seeing. It couldn't be!

"Lizbeth?!" I whispered. She didn't hesitate for a second, flinging a strange orange powder into my face. Knocking me flat out.

Lizbeth was standing down the hall in the castle, breathing heavily.

"Lizbeth!" I heard my voice echo. She jumped, slowly turning around. She looked so happy to see me; tears streamed down her face as she called out to me. She threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders, burying her face in my chest. But I did not return her hug. This vision... or was it a memory? Whatever it was made me sick to my stomach.

She looked up at me, explaining how we needed to leave, that my mother had gone crazy. She tried to pull me down the hall, but I would not move.

I grabbed her, digging my fingers into her wrist. She cried out in pain, telling me to stop, but I didn't listen. She pried my fingers off her and pushed me.

I quickly turned and lunged, wrapping my fingers tightly around her throat. She clawed at my hand, struggling to breathe. I didn't want to see anymore. What was this?!