43 - 사십삼 장

Start from the beginning

"It's a hassle to return them."

The cashier looked like he was still confused and Sowon sighed, looking at Namjoon again.

"We can return them later. Now go pay."

Namjoon frowned but obliged, turning to the cashier boy.

"Can I rent them for the whole night?"

"W-Whole night?"

Both the boy and Sowon asked in shock. Was he planning to camp here the night or what? Namjoon only nodded and fished out his card, handing it to the shocked boy.

"Um sir, are you sure?"

"Yes."

Upon hearing the answer, the boy quickly swiped the card and Sowon only sighed in defeat. Namjoon was a man of wonder and he never feared using money carelessly.

Won't he go broke one day?

"Here is the receipt. I hope you enjoy your time."

Namjoon took the paper along with his card before nodding at the boy who walked them outside and unlocked the locks to hand them over.

Everyone received their bicycles and Sowon was still questioning what Namjoon had in his mind to rent the bikes for such a long time since it's hardly afternoon.

"Here you go, miss."

"Thank-" Sowon glanced at the bike, eyes widening before she spoke, "wait this is not what I asked for."

"Your husband paid for this bike already."

Sowon choked on her saliva for the second time today, wildly staring at the boy. Did they look like a couple?

"He is not my husband, just friend."

They were hardly friends, husband was too advanced to even imagine.

The boy shrugged with a mischievous smile and walked into his shop, leaving Sowon to her thoughts. How could someone think she and Namjoon were already married?

"Sowon, are you ready?"

Haneul approached her and noticed the expensive bike, "whoa. That's a good choice you have."

Sowon only nodded, her eyes glued on Namjoon's back as she watched him teach his parents about the cycle and their safety tricks.

Since all of them except her mother knew how to use the cycle, they didn't need the boy to explain the process. Namjoon was enough indeed.

"And you pull this to ring the bell."

Mrs Han nodded, pulling the bell before chuckling excitedly.

After learning how to cycle independently with training wheels and constant encouragement from Namjoon, Mrs Han showed she was a quick learner and could cycle alone now.

"We can cycle through this avenue and head to the Mapo bridge," Namjoon explained.

"Great, shall we go then?" Sowon's father asked excitedly.