Epilogue

Epilogue

Helena's POV

The ringing of Hugh's phone shatters the silence as we walk to the canteen.

"It's Hazel," he frowns. "There must be a problem with Jason or whatever. Are you okay with-"

"Walking to the canteen alone?" I ask. "I'm not five anymore, you know. I can fight my own fights."

"You're still my baby sis!" he yells as he runs to where we last saw Hazel.

"I love you too, bro!" I call back and flounce on. The hallways are filled with people and so I have to elbow my way past a couple of people before I reach the doors. The smell of leftover oily tacos and day old pizza fills the air around me. I sniff and wrinkle my nose. It seems like today I'll be forced to take salad or pasta. As I enter, Aurora waves to me and makes a space at the table. The It Table, as most people call it.

Surprising, there's calamari that doesn't look too bad and isn't the same that we were served yesterday. I take two slices and way too many curly fries to be considered healthy, drench them in ketchup and take a huge slice of cheesecake. I queue up, but I hear a voice calling to me.

"Hey! Helena!" Jason is sprinting towards me, waving wildly. I wait for him, puzzled. I thought that Hazel had broken up with him?

Ah! He must be asking how he can get Hazel back!

"Let me get that for you," he says and pulls out his wallet, paying for my lunch. I narrow my eyes at him. Buttering up the best friend? I really expected better.

"What can I do for you?" I ask awkwardly. He's kind of trapping me from leaving and sitting down, but at the same time I can't push him away- he's just paid for my lunch!

"Well, Hazel and I broke up," he rubs at the back of his neck, clearly nervous.

"Do you want me to help you get back together again?" I sigh. This tray is actually getting pretty heavy now. I spot Hazel coming in and taking out her phone.

"No!" he protests. What? "I really don't want to! I mean, we're over, and I accept that decision, you know? Anyway, Hazel told me that this was a good idea, so, uh, willyougooutwithme?

"Sorry, what did you say?" I ask, confuzzled. He seems to regain lots of confidence.

"I really like you," Jason enunciates, "and will you go out with me? We'll go out tonight, and maybe do something fun." He winks cockily at me.

I'm filled with a deep disgust. So this is why Hazel hates him.

"Can you hold this?" I thrust my tray into my hands. "Firstly, I would never go out with my best friend's ex." I throw some curly fries at him.The entire student populace looks on, astonished.

"Secondly, you have literally been apart for less than twenty minutes." I throw the rest of the fries at him. He looks pretty shocked now.

"Thirdly, how dare you presume that I would ever go out with you and do do this fun stuff?" The cake goes in his face.

"Finally, no, I will not go out with you!" The pizza is smashed and ground on his face.

Just then, Hugh bursts in.

"WHERE IS HE?" He bellows, and then catches sight of Jason's food covered face. "Hey, looks like you handled that pretty well, little sis."

"I told you I can fight my own fights," I say smugly, just as the sounds of a hundred cameras going off echo through the hall.

"Argh!" Jason storms out just as Hazel comes over with her phone and gives me a high five.

"That video is so going on Facebook," she mutters. "Turns out you could be a Heartbreaker too, huh?"

"Must be because of your rules," I tease.

"It must be," she agrees, and gives us a huge smile.

An epilogue! An epilogue? Well, I decided to write one after numerous threats- no, just one. But it was effective. And this was pretty fun to write.Although I'm a bit iffy on the very ending. Like, does it sound ended? Leave your thoughts on the comments bellllllooooow. And click that little orange button? It would make my day!

I also realised how high-larious it would be if you shared your heartbreaking experiences. You know, to compensate for my non-existent ones.

But now TROBAH is OFFICIALLY over! All I need to do is find out how to do the little green tick thing and even Wattpad shall recognise it as you know, over. But thank you for being on this short journey with me! Huzzah!