Rule Nine- Feelings

Rule Nine- Feelings

A.K.A. Love is fire, so don't get burnt.

At this point, you will have gone out on several dates and exchanged saliva with your target. Few may start developing feelings.

Stop, drop and roll!

Stop any contact with him until you evaluate your feelings. Are they serious? Drop him, or start dating properly. Once you've dropped him, roll, or play with more boys until you've completely forgotten him.

Another equally frightening aspect- what if he falls for you so hard that he gets Overbearing Boyfriend Complex? Play it cool and go ice-maiden, or drop him like a hot potato. Overly Attached Boyfriend is less of a joking matter than you may think. They can be crazed stalkers as well.

The doorbell rings at my house when I'm upstairs in my bed, watching TV. I'm totally alone, and not bothered to get it, so I let it ring repeatedly. In the end, the noise drives me crazy so I stomp downstairs and fling open the door.

"What?" I practically snarl, before I realise it's Jason. "I mean, hi!" I plaster a bright peppy smile onto my face. My face hurts from all the smiling it's done recently. Can you give your face a work out??

"Hey," he mutters, shocked, his eyes glued on somewhere that's not my face, "hey." I realise that I've only got a low cut t-shirt and a pair of short shorts on, that's exposing a bit too much leg.

Pervert.

"What do you want?" I ask, politely. Hello, my eyes are up here! When I receive no reply, I click my fingers and wave my hand in front of his face, repeating the question until he snaps back into reality.

"Er... Can I come in?" He toes the doormat, that foolishly and falsely says: "Welcome". Such lies.

I deliberate briefly. On one hand, I want to hear what he's got to say in private, and my rejection may lower his self esteem. On the other hand, it'll only encourage him.

"Yeah, sure, come in," I say after a long time. I lead him into the kitchen, where he perches awkwardly on a plastic stool.

"So..." I tap my foot impatiently. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Well we've been together for..." He starts, looking extremely awkward, but his eyes are still glued to my legs.

"A week and a bit," I interrupt. He looks surprised and finally glances up. Huzzah!

"Really?" Jason questions. "I thought it was longer than that. It feels like I've known you forever."

Quit with the cheesy lines, I think exasperated. Outwardly I say:

"Huh. How about that."

"Hazel," Jason grins at me. Now this is the player I know! "I have something I have to do."

"Yup," I pop the p, not really paying attention. "Do you mind if we watch some TV?" I really do not want to listen to whatever he's got to say actually. And this'll keep him on his toes.

"Okay," he says, startled. A quick peek reveals we were about to have a 'moment'. I shrug and turn the TV on. It'll teach him to get to the point. As I flick through the channels, I feel a tickling sensation on my shoulder, and creeping down towards my *ahem* boobs. What. The. Hell. I narrow my eyes and then shriek and swat it, taking care to really hurt it.

"Spider!" I screech.

Of course, it's Jason Sheridan's evil octopus pervert hand. Beware the Hand of Doom! It will grope you and kill all the people you love!

"Jesus!" is his pain filled cry.

I hope it bruises, I think maliciously.

Molester!

Pervert!

Rapist!

Sexual harassment!

I don't apologise, and eventually Jason gets over his little boo-boo.

"Anyway, I wanted to talk to you." He says hesitantly. I notice his hands stay far away from mine, clasped awkwardly in his lap. Good. Take heed, Jason Sheridan. Your groping is not welcome in this house. Begone, before I summon my knights to behead you for treason!

Dear Lord. I've actually gone insane. I knew Helena wasn't the best influence in the world.

"What?" I ask sweetly, ignoring the mental torment going on in my head.

"I have something to tell you," he mutters, "and I don't think it can wait. I think... I think-"

"Don't think," I whisper crazily. "You should KNOW." Damn. I really am insane. Or should it be InSaNe?

"That's the thing, I don't know!" He cries in exasperation. At my look, he continues. "Alright, here goes. Hazel, when I'm with you, I can't think. When you aren't there, I can't breathe. Hazel, I think I love you."

"You think?" I raise an eyebrow. "I think you should know better." Oh ho ho, that was a good one Hazel! It both disturbed him and fended off the question of my feelings! I gave myself a mental high five.

"I love you," he whispers and then a little louder, "I love you!"

I have to restrain myself from slapping him. Love? In a week? A week? He'll be proposing in a month at this rate! I guess it's pretty romantic though, the stuff of teen novels...

"Jason, I think you should go," I murmur. "This is all going so fast for me!" Way too fast. Like a race-car. Never before has a boy said they loved me in slightly more than a week. They are way less touchy feely than girls. Either that, or I'm not that good of a heartbreaker, but I don't really think that.

"But you seemed so sure before," Jason looks heartbroken.

"I know," I respond. "But I don't know what to think! I just need to think!" I also need you to get out of here. Stat. That's good, keep him at arm's length.

"But I love you!" You really are like Bruno Mars aren't you? There are definitely no commitment issues here. Please don't catch a grenade for me though. It'll explode before you think to throw it back, and then we'll both die.

"I really just need to clear my head- I'll know how I feel tomorrow." Actually, I know what I feel now. Let's just be friends, okay? Scratch that. Let's just be acquaintances.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow at school then!"

"Could you just leave? Please?" Go, before I throw you out! Take a hint!

"Okay," he says sadly and goes out of the door. I nearly push him out and I shut the door with a slam.

Good riddance.

***

Huzzah! We have have finally uploaded!

We? Who is we? Oh, you don't know who I am? Oh, good people, do not jest. For I am the other admin/owner/writer on this account, the ever elusive Di!  *evil laugh*

And it is Liese again, the only sane person on this account. I'm super sorry that I didn't upload on Thursday like I promised, but I have a good reason! I was too busy adding more onto the chapter so you have extra things to read (hooray) until my internet was turned off. And nothing was saved. Boo.

And so many reads! I logged on today and woah. Woah, you guys. I love every single one of you in a non-lezzy way. And if you're a guy, call me. ;) We have much to discuss.

Hey I've never met you, and this is crazy, but this is my account, so message me maybe?

Shut the hell up Di.