Chapter Seven- The Other Dates

Because she's commented on every part. We love you. And you should really check out her book, "Blame it on the choices ;)".

Chapter Seven- The Other Dates

A.K.A. The continuation of travesties

So finally, the terrible first date is over. What do you do now? Go out on other dates of course!

Although you might not be enamoured with the prospect, you certainly can't stop, lest his affection wane, or perhaps they only extend to like. A few more dates will result in completely and utterly falling in love- just make sure it's him. If you feel it's time for a little more physical affection, read the next chapter. If you think you're starting to fall, read the chapter after that, or stop, drop and roll.

As soon as I close the door of my house, my phone beeps.

"Come outside? -J" it read as I check it. I run upstairs to my bedroom and squint through the blinds. Jason is still there standing by his car, waiting. I snort and toss my phone on my bed. I'll just say it was on silent. I sigh and sink down into my comfortable bean-bag chair on the ground, wincing at the memory of the date. It had been awful.

The peaceful silence is shattered by my phone blasting: "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", Jason's ring tone.I'd personalised his number ages ago so that I would always know that it was him, therefore avoiding sticking situations and the necessity of looking at the caller ID. I wait until it stops. Also, the name of the song also reminded me every day that I should break up with him and NEVER get back together. You know, just in case I forgot. All my heartbreakees had a song like that. A reminder song.

Then my phone rings again, this time playing "I'll Make a Man Out of You".

"What the hell?" I grumble and check the caller ID. Helena, of course.

"When did you change my ring tone?" I snap.

"It's only my ring tone," Helena replies. "And when you were snuggling up to Jason at my house, I stole it. It's an awesome song. Anyway, how did the date go?"

"It was terrible!" I exhale. "It was so awkward that I nearly died. I thought he was a player- why is he so...ugh?"

"I hear he gets by on his looks, and some compliments, but he can be very suave. The rumour mill declares that he's absolutely besotted with you."

"He isn't. I've only known him for four days." I inform her. "Who is this rumour mill anyway?"

"Never you mind."

"Tell me." I demand.

"You wouldn't know."

"Is it Aurora?" Aurora's one of the leaders of the It Girls. She's a senior, so she doesn't always have time to speak to us lowly juniors, but Helena is her pet. It might be because Hugh is going out with Aurora.

"You don't need to know."

"So it is Aurora!"

"Actually, it's my peasant pals at Drama Club." She went to Drama club?

"What?"

"Forget it. It's Aurora."

"Ha! I knew it!"

"Shut up. Anyway, any more dates on the horizon?" Helena inquires.

"At the restaurant, he asked me to go out with him again."

"Ugh, he reeks of desperation," Helena scoffs. "I never would have believed it. The great Jason Sheridan, reduced to a begging heap."

I laugh with her, heart sinking at the prospect of tomorrow.

The dates continue in the same vein as the first for five days, leaving me faintly suicidal.

The first date- Dinner.

The second date- Movie and dinner.

The third date- Party

The fourth date- Movie

The fifth date- Dinner

Such originality.

I tap my foot in thought. You know, I've rejected his "advances" five times now, but I finally think he'll get some kissing, and then I can break up with him. I rejoice at the thought. I'm really getting sick of that guy.

I am really happy you guys. So much support for this story! There's three chapters left, and maybe if one of you asks really really nicely, I might write an epilogue. Song on the side is Helena's ringtone. Also, something that makes me happy. The number of comments is now red.

I cry with happiness. Thank you so much!

-Liese