Chapter Seventeen

"Irene would loved this story and we have to connect her".
Stop being sneaky Lisa. Ann said laughing...

Why I'm just being a "friend".
Hold on I'm calling her. Lisa replied.

"Oh! Speaking of the devil.
Hey Ann, Irene is calling, hold on". Let me merge the call.  Lisa said.

"Okay put her through..." Ann said.

Hi there Irene. Ann is on the call........."Oh hi Irene we were just talking about you and Lisa was about to call you and your call came in". Ann cut in.

Were you two gossiping about me? Irene said.

'Ummm....the last time we gossiped about you was when you poured drink on a guy's face at the club'. Anna said mocking her.

'Oh! and in my case, when you pushed the that guy into the swimming pool. When we went for the pool party, you remember Ann? The recent incident,  quite recent actually Lisa said laughing.

Oh yeah! Yes I do baby. How can I forget the drama that day.  I should have sited this example though. I totally forgot about this one. Girl pull up. You have to work on your temperament, seriously!' Ann said and, they both laughed at her on the phone.

'Are you two done talking about me? Can we talk now'. Irene asked.

Yeah fine....Ann said.

'But wait Did I miss something?
You two on phone this early morning. Is everything okay. This is unusual of you both and you know it. And you guys wanted to connect me.
What's the gist?' Irene said curiously.

'Just a little' Ann said.

but I believe it can be reiterated? Irene asked.

Yeah sure! A bit! Ann said teasingly.

Guess what guess what guess what, girl you are not going to believe this.... Lisa jumped in.

Oh now I know I have missed a lot. Whenever you sound like this something really interesting happened. Irene said.

"We have a wedding coming up shortly! Lisa screamed excitedly.

Okay!
Yeah!
Of course...
We have so many "weddings coming up" My cousin Teddy's wedding is one of them. You still haven't said anything yet. Irene said.

Tracy is in love. Hurrayyyy!!
She has finally found her 'Prince Charming'. Ann said.

Ooooohhhhh......oooookkaaayyyyyyy.... Irene said slowly. Am I supposed to be scared or frightened?
Cause right now I'm panicking. And I think I'm talking to the wrong people on phone. Do you guys actually realize you are talking to Irene...

can you ever have  faith free from all dubiety it attracts people and encourage conversation. Take note. Lisa said.

So you guys are serious about this right now.  Like really, really serious huh?! Irene asked.

Trust me, you don't want to miss this episode.Come on, it's true. And we are going to her house right away to congratulate her. Ann said.

How when since when and you guys kept this hidden from me?
It's not fair...Irene said.

I just got to know right this very moment, Ann just called to tell me and you called. Lisa defended herself.

I got to know only yesterday. Nobody should put me in a tight corner. Ann said.

But how long have this been? Irene asked.

'I don't know how long but judging and analyzing the entire situation, not too long'. Ann said.

'There's only, to find answers to our questions.
What time do we pull up at her place'. Irene asked.

3pm would be very okay.
I want her to have enough rest.

Enough rest!!!! Lisa and Irene asked in unison.

She has probably spent the night at his house.

"Whaaatttt...!? They both shouted.
What more did we miss?"
Lisa and Irene asked Ann.

Yeah! It's actually my idea.
So apparently, she and the guy made in the hotel room and nothing happened, you understand.  But the guys left messages for her, telling her they had sex.

"It doesn't make sense". Irene said.

'Why would they ended up in a hotel room and nothing happened'.  Lisa asked.

"It's complicated. The whole scene doesn't make any sense to me as well.  But I think Tracy is the best person to answer all these questions"
Ann said.

'So why was she going to spend the night at his house? Irene asked.

Tracy called me up yesterday, and I went to her house.
And she told me she went on a date with this guy and they and she woke the next day in a hotel room.
Not just that,
the guy left a message telling her they had sex, meanwhile nothing happened.
And she did not bother to call him and asked for explanation.
So I asked her to call the guy.
So she did and the guy said he wants to see her.
So I asked her to go see him.
See ladies, there's more to discuss, let meet her up.

'Sure!
Why did you call me Irene?' Lisa asked.

Never mind, I was calling to inform you about my cousin's birthday party. Irene replied.

See you guys soon. Ann said and ended the call.

Lisa, Irene, Ann said Tracy are friends more of sisters.
They no how Tracy is so indifferent about relationship.
They always tried to lure her but she wouldn't fall in.
They planned to surprise her.
To them , it's like God has finally picked their petition and granted it.
They met at Ann's house and went in Ann's car.
Tracy was in her bedroom sleeping when they arrived.

○I'm glad you guys are voting.
It keeps me motivated.
I'm counting on your comments too.