vingt-neuf

act two, scene six 

slowly over the course of three weeks y/n was able to get better with dream by her side. getting out of bed was still hard, but she did it every morning for the appeal of the patient man. around him she began to laugh again, minimizing the nights she spent crying. 

the pair spent every scarce moment together, never without the other. as december came with fresh sheets of snow quackity began to allow y/n and dream with supervised visits out of her suffocating cell. 

"where's alex?" y/n asked fastening her woolen hat. it was quite an ugly one, gray and patchy. but dream insisted she wore it as the weather of their outings grew colder. 

"he allowed us to go on her own," dream answered, casually. 

"really?" y/n spoke, tone dripping with surprise, "why?" 

dream shrugged, "i dunno. hurry up, my feet are cramping from standing here too long." 

"okay, dad," y/n rolled her eyes. 

dream shot her a look which she promptly ignored. swinging her hips she took long strides towards the door, "let's get going then shall we?" 

*** 

"where are we?" y/n shook her puffer jacket over her more snugly, "it's fucking freezing." 

dream ignored her approaching the frozen lake heavy in his thoughts. "when we were younger nick, george, terra and i used to come here in the winter when the ice was thick enough to skate on. terra was so small that i used to stuff her in my puffer jacket."

"do you miss it?" y/n asked, taking a stand by his side. 

"yeah, but i think everyone does," dream said, "it was simpler times..don't you?" 

"yeah," y/n nodded, licking a dry paste from her lips, "i miss not really knowing how cruel the world was..when it was all happy and golden." 

"we really are sulking losers, huh?" y/n chuckled to herself, "how sad." 

"we let's stop sulking and get skating," dream clapped his hands. 

"now your really insane," y/n shook her head.

"c'mon. don't you trust me?" 

"hmm let's see," y/n mused, "your the most powerful person on the server and can kill me at any given moment." 

"so would that be a yes?"

"yes..yes it would." 

"here you can take my hand," clay offered his glove encased fist. 

with slight hesitation y/n took it. she expected them to be rough with calicus, but they had soft, warm feel. 

"ready?" dream asked.

"already regretting my decisons.."

"you'll be alright..your with me after all," dream winked.

y/n scoffed, "well you know what they say..in omnia paratus."

"pardon?"

"it's latin for in all ready," y/n explained.

"you speak latin?"

"oh fuck no," y/n shuddered, "i learned that off of a gilmore girls episode."

"well then in omnia paratus!" dream yelled, pulling the two forward across the ice.

"shit, shit, shit!" y/n squeezed her eyes shut, "the ice is cracking..this is how i die."

"the ice is not cracking you weirdo," dream sniggered, "uncover your eyes. how are you going to see the world with your eyes closed?"

"i'm perfectly fine with it actually."

"c'mon," dream gently removed her hands from the burrow her eyes created, "see not so bad?"

"yeah..it's quite beautiful actually," y/n admired.

"sit," dream commanded, patting the spot next to him.

y/n obliged to the order, the two drinking in the beauty of the day sky. 

"it's almost been a year since we met, y'know?" y/n said.

one whole year! it was funny to look back on the wires of their relationship a year ago compared to now.

"didn't you get down on your knees for me?" dream teased. 

"oh shut up," y/n slugged his shoulder. she gave a satesfied smile as he whimpered in pain, rubbing the spot on his arm she harmed. 

"one whole year," dream sighed. 

"and i still haven't seen your face," y/n pointed out. 

dream winced, "i'm just not the most secure about my looks." 

"i get it," she nodded, "but i'm sure your beautiful." 

"you can see it if you want." 

"hmm?" 

"my face," dream repeated, "i want you to see my face. 

"really?" 

"yeah..i think i'll never be more ready than now." 

slowly y/n took off the famous disguise revealing the face it belonged to. she was right, he was beautiful. his face was lightly dusted with freckles complimenting his honey blonde hair. while one of his eyes was shaded ever green the other was gray where a scar glided down his face. 

"your so pretty," y/n sighed dreamily, tracing his scar.

"it's certainly not been the best year," dream said, glancing over to her, "but i am glad you have been in it." 

"agreed, " y/n beamed, taking his hand in hers. 

*** 

"oh i almost forgot!" dream exclaimed. from his pocket he pulled a small blue box. 

"what's this?" y/n asked twirling the mystery in her fingers. 

"birthday present," dream said cheerily. 

within the midst and drama of being imprisoned she had forgotten about her 20th birthday. but dream hadn't. 

"how did you know?" 

"quackity told me. now open the present," dream demanded impatiently. 

"okay, okay," y/n laughed. 

a necklace slid into her lap with the opening of the box. upon further inspection it was a jade necklace in the shape of a heart. 

"i hope you like it. i spent a long time trying to figure out what to pick for you," dream said. 

"oh, dream i love it!" y/n cried, throwing her arms around his neck. 

when she dipped her head back to look into his eyes they were so close she could feel his breathe. maybe she had one to many glasses of champagne or maybe she was drunk on the time they had. she didn't know what it was, but she kissed him. 

and he kissed her back. 

their lips remained intertwined for several moments. several heavenly moments. 

that was until the familiar booming voice of a sixteen year old came. 

"what the fuck!?" 

p.s 

-it's 4:30 as i'm writing this, so don't judge my spelling mistakes>:(( 

-mmmm imma go to bed now 

-stay pretty besties<33 

i love you.