deux

act one, scene one

thirteen years later 

there was a peaceful buzz filling the watson household that sunday evening. a now 19 year old y/n diced carrots while chit chatting with her father about the new shit superhero movie. 

"helloooo?" a voice came from the doorframe. 

"hi will," y/n smiled. 

"aunt y/n!" another voice came with a five year old ginger boy launching himself into y/n's arms. 

"fundy!" y/n cried, "how are you doing buddy?" 

"good," he replied bouncing on his toes. 

"wanna go start another page in the coloring book? i'll be there once i start finishing dicing the carrots for the sauce," y/n offered and fundy nodded eagerly rushing away to the living room. 

wilbur was only 19 when fundy was born. it was a huge surprise to everyone that after some time he and his girlfriend, sally happily accepted the situation. the six months after the discovery which led up to fundy's birth were joyful times, with an excitement of the new step in wilbur and sally's relationship. unfortunately there were several complications during the delivery resulting in sally's death. 

then the world turned to hell for the watson household. wilbur stayed in his room, meals delivered to his door, on occasion he'd leave to shower. but that was it. he sat in his room, wallowing in despair, completely absent from his son's life. it was only when fundy was one month old when y/n slapped him and told him to get his act together and that he had a kid now. after that wilbur shaped up, he moved out, making a new promise to fundy to make him happy and so wilbur got into the world of politics and now was president of l'manburg. 

"y/n?" philza peered behind the door frame to see his grandson and daughter laying next to each other scribbling (fundy quite outside the lines) on a page of the coloring book they started several weeks ago, "can you tell tommy and tubbo it's time for dinner?" 

"sure," y/n gathered herself and gave a forehead kiss to a distracted fundy before walking up the stairs, knocking on tommy's room. 

"come in," tommy said. 

"boys it's time for dinner," y/n stated. 

"boys," tommy scoffed getting up from his seat on the lower bunk bed, "excuse you, i'm a man." 

"sure you are tommy," y/n playfully rolled her eyes, "and i'm married to harry styles. we can't all have what we want, can we now?" 

but there was a small ping of sadness in her heart. she longed for another day were tommy hadn't towered over her by nine inches and they had monkey bar races. she felt pity on the sixteen year old for not really getting to experience being a sixteen year old with the duty of vice president. 

"he's not coming dad," wilbur pulled his father away from the window which looked over the green grassy hills. 

"i know i just thought just in case he might..."

they all took their seats at the table. 

sunday night dinner was a creation philza came up with once half of his children (y/n stayed put because wilbur insisted it wouldn't be safe for her to live alone with both of her brothers as vice president and president which she felt was annoying and unnecessary, but she was partially glad) had left his house. there were hardly any days of the month they went without seeing one another, but it was nice to have a dedicated time to family away from the whole politics shabang. but after the first six months of sunday night dinners techno stopped showing up. no one had heard from him for the past two and a half years, not a single letter, no signals. nothing. but philza still set a place for him every time.

"this bread is so good. where's it from?" tommy moaned, mouth full.

"swallow," philza told his son sternly who rolled his eyes. 

"carly's bakery," y/n smirked to wilbur. 

"why are you look at me like that?" wilbur raised his fork speared with spaghetti bolognese accusingly at his sister. 

"looking at you like what?" y/n batted her eyelashes innocently. 

"you know.." 

"i just think it would be nice for fundy to have a mother figure in his life," y/n shrugged, "that's all." 

"mhm," wilbur squinted his eyes at her suspiciously. 

carly had moved from her small village to l'manburg around eleven months ago. she and y/n instantly clicked and quickly became best friends. when she met will several months later it was obvious to tell they were somewhat interested in each other. ever since that day, wilbur has found excuses to keep returning to carly's bakery when he has no craving or desire for something sweet. 

"you know you could always invite her to a sunday night dinner," philza offered. 

wilbur shook her head, "sunday night dinner is family time." 

"i'm not part of the family," tubbo shrugged. 

"your here all the time tubbo, of course your considered as family," wilbur said. tubbo looked down at his food to conceal his smile. 

"well maybe i'll invite her," y/n said and wilbur glared at her. 

"how's work with you two?" y/n asked her brothers. 

"horrible," tommy spat under his breath, "that green son of a bitch-" 

"tommy," philza warned eyeing his unfazed grandson, "fundy." 

"right sorry..that green mother fudger is being a complete..poo on a stick," tommy corrected himself. 

"poo on a stick?" tubbo chuckled under his breath, wincing as tommy elbowed him in the ribs. 

"what's he doing now?"

"loads," wilbur answered, "we just don't know what." 

"he's hosting a ball. i wish we had someone to spy on him," tommy sighed, "someone he's never heard of before." 

"someone like me?" y/n asks. 

"yeah!" tommy snapped his fingers. 

"tommy!" 

"i didn't say y/n should do it, i said someone like y/n. keyword like," tommy defended. 

"i don't see what's wrong with it," y/n shrugged. 

"you don't see what's wrong with it!?" wilbur angrily chuckled, "we have made so many precautions to keep you safe and hidden, that would completely blow all that hard work and effort." 

"not entirely," y/n said, "they don't have to know i'm your sister." 

"but they'd still know about you!" wilbur exclaimed. 

"but-" 

"y/n..." 

"i co-" 

"y/n no," wilbur looked at her sternly, "now drop it." 

y/n huffed crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair as a awkward transition was made to carry a new conversation. 

something inside of her didn't feel like dropping it.