vingt-six

act two, scene three 

a bowl of steaming oatmeal and a cup of assorted fruits waited for y/n when she woke up.

"you should eat," quackity advised, "it has been a while since you've gotten food in you."

 y/n hadn't realized how hungry she was until she started eating. the food wasn't the highest quality and made her homesick for her father's recipe which included cinnamon and a better ratio from oats to water than the gray mush sitting in front of her. but food was food and she was hungry.

"i found something interesting outside the prison cell this morning," quackity smirked.

y/n swallowed, innocently looking up at the fellow 20 year old, "oh?" 

"yeah..by any chance do you remember a certain falling asleep outside your cell last night."

"can't say i do," y/n shrugged, spooning a kiwi and strawberry combo into her mouth.

"i don't mind it," quackity laughed, "just make sure he stays on that side of the cell."
"yeah, yeah, yeah," y/n rolled her eyes. 

while quackity was stretching his sleeve rode up, revealing a purple mark on his wrist bring alarm to y/n. 

"hey quackity what's on your arm?" y/n spoke up. 

"hmm? oh it's nothing," quackity said quickly, tearing the tan sleeve back down to the tips of his fingers. 

"are you done?" he asked to avoid her interrogation. before she could answer he scooped up her tray and walked out of the prisoner suite. 

"oh quackity," y/n sighed. 

***

y/n was awoken from her nap by a rusteling noise. jolting awake in a pant her eyes quickly scanned the room, relaxing when they fell on her familiar masked friend. 

"jeezus christ, dream," y/n placed a hand on her heavy pounding heart, "you scared me." 

"sorry," dream cringed. 

"it's alright..hey how did you get in here?" 

"uh quackity let me in," dream answered, "is it a crime to see you?" 

"well you could have seen me outside of my cell," y/n shrugged. 

"well i wanted to be able to touch you," dream said. 

y/n raised an eyebrow, "touch me now?" 

"oh shut up," he flushed a deep maroon color, "you know what i meant." 

"can't say i do," y/n teased, "why don't you explain it." 

"i wanted to be able to hug you," dream continued with much embarrassment. 

"like this?" y/n smirked, wrapping her arms around his waist. 

"yeah, something like that.." 

"this feels nice," she sighed. 

"it does," dream leaned back slightly so they could see each other's matched smiles. 

"you haven't come round recently," dream said.

"really?" y/n asked, injecting false surprise into her voice. 

"yeah..not since september..terra and george and sapnap really miss you..and i have, too," he admitted. 

y/n smiled for a moment at the idea of dream feeling empty without her around. she knew she shouldn't be happy about the boy's previous longing, but she still did.